Headphone Stands
Nov 19, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #106 of 348
I have a whiplash custom made wood stand..I think you can pre-order..

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #107 of 348
1photo.jpg

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #108 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I passed your message on to him.
Should be interesting to see how they look together!

Well, the LA7000’s with the new stand from Von finally came in!
Here are some teaser photos.

dscn2223800x600.jpg

dscn2222800x600.jpg

dscn2231800x600.jpg

dscn2242800x600.jpg

dscn2247800x600.jpg

dscn2250800x600.jpg

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #112 of 348
CrazyRay, those headphones are GORGEOUS. Be sure to post some opinions on them when you get through burning them in.

Also, let me recommend you pick up a pair of JMoney Denon Lambskin Ear Pads for them. They are very durable and obviously real leather, look MUCH better than the modded stocks, are somewhat thicker than the modded stock pads, and more comfortable after you wear them in a bit.

They also improve sound quality by a lot more than you would expect simple ear pads to be able to do.

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #113 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CrazyRay, those headphones are GORGEOUS. Be sure to post some opinions on them when you get through burning them in.

Also, let me recommend you pick up a pair of JMoney Denon Lambskin Ear Pads for them. They are very durable and obviously real leather, look MUCH better than the modded stocks, are somewhat thicker than the modded stock pads, and more comfortable after you wear them in a bit.

They also improve sound quality by a lot more than you would expect simple ear pads to be able to do.

Thanks Necrolic,
I will.
Are they easy to install?
I found the pads on HeadRoom, but no instructions.

EDIT: (I found the instructions and placed the order)

JMoney Denon Lambskin Earpads - Headphone Accessories | HeadRoom Audio

The first thing that I noticed about the LA7000's was the Furutech 1/4” Jack Connector. Damn! It is almost as heavy as the headphones!
Built like a battleship, lovely!!

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #114 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Necrolic,
I will.
Are they easy to install?
I found the pads on HeadRoom, but no instructions.

EDIT: (I found the instructions and placed the order)

JMoney Denon Lambskin Earpads - Headphone Accessories | HeadRoom Audio

The first thing that I noticed about the LA7000's was the Furutech 1/4” Jack Connector. Damn! It is almost as heavy as the headphones!
Built like a battleship, lovely!!

Haha nice, and yeah they are VERY easy to install, instructions can be found on the JMoney site (I see you found them already).

Enjoy the headphones, took a lot of willpower for me not to buy a pair of LA2000s for myself (LA7000 is just wayyy out of my budget).

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #116 of 348
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Necrolic, after talking to Mark at Lawton Audio, I cancelled my order for the JMoney pads. Mark told me that he put allot of thought into his pads and that I should give them a good listen before I made any changes. I am going to take his advice. I can always order them later if I need to.
Now, down to some serious listening!!

Nov 20, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #117 of 348
That's cool, was just a suggestion. I just find the horrific stitching and lumpy padding very unattractive on the stock modded pads, not to mention the fact that the fake leather tends to flake quite quickly.

All I can say is that a lot of people recommended that I get the JMoney's and I have not once regretted my purchase.

But then again, considering how much of a personal thing audio is, always good to give what you have a listen before jumping on possible upgrades.

Post back and let us know what you think of them! I imagine they'll be amazing just by looking at the rest of your setup, should complement them well.

Nov 20, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #119 of 348
10eepuu.jpg

$10 Canadian each, I liked the stainless steel look. There is an extra small hook where I can store the cable/wires but they're not very big, so best I can do is roll up the cable 3-4 times max.

I also bought the small corner table, my desk is just one large flat surface, now I have more space to put my crap. Don't mind the messiness of my table, I've been meaning to clean it for a while. A long while
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #120 of 348
I had been searching around and almost pulled the trigger on the Woo one until I decided that I would get some nice wood and have a go at building a new design myself. I really like it and it holds two headphones easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back