Headphone Review: DT48 VS K501 .....
Apr 15, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #31 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting him to compare DT48 vs. K240DF
popcorn.gif

Yeah me too, I think I just might seek out a pair of DT48's when or if my DF's become trivial.

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #32 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoewreck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still waiting him to compare DT48 vs. K240DF
popcorn.gif

I plan to get to that. Please understand that most of my life is 20 floors up in Century City - I'm here 10-12 hours a day (including many weekends) and put aside work to get a post in here and there. No chance of having headphones in the office, either. I have to communicate constantly with others. Also, I have to leave town next Wednesday through Sunday for some business matters. If I can't pull together some free consecutive hours, I will leave them side by side at CanJam (I have made time to be there) for anyone who wants to listen to both. I'd also be happy to let someone borrow both overnight for a private listen at CanJam.

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #33 of 80
Thanks for the impressions. All of the DT-48 threads are making me want a pair. I have been curious about them for a while. I'll have to be on the lookout on ebay.

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #34 of 80
Hmm, the DT48s aren't airy? I was hoping they would be rather airy, but does anyone in team DT48 tried the K271s? They sound so closed and almost echoey to the point where it's almost unlistenable. Heh, I probably should've researched before actually asking kbi to buy that DT48. I'll probably like it a fair amount more than what I have though...

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #36 of 80
The DT48's are very fast. Faster then my SA5000.. Great for complex passages.. They seem more grounded then airy. Ish, if you don't like the 48a I will buy them off you. Or I will trade you one of my 2 25ohms..

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #38 of 80
Straight trade? I can't add cash. Don't have money. Can't wait for them to come so I can see pics and maybe a small bit comparing both DT48as.

They do have differences, but wouldn't it be something an ohm adapter fix? Or is it more complicated than that? I'm dumb today, sorry.

BTW, how much did it take to make the DT48S seller crack?

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #39 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just curious Kool bubba, I noticed that you already have 5 pairs of DT 48. I know they sound different from each other, but why do you need so many?

To be serious.. I tend to go to extremes.. Maybe a compulsive disorder? When I do something I usually go all out. Like when I started walking.. I started out at 5-6 miles the first week, then 10-17 the next. Kept this up for over 3 months.. Weight lifting 4 yrs straight 3-4 times a week..Longest lay of was a week, due to illness. I still hold the APA world record in the bench press & behind the neck press (440 & 375 respectively) for my age & weight. When I am driven it's no holds barred. I'm obsessed.. But the DT48 is a bit different. I am collecting all the different models.. I only have 2 of the same, the 25ohm.. But will most likely sell or trade them when my DT48 silvers come in.. I have 5 now.. I got the DT48 silver cause they are a limited edition item, very rare, & from 1950.. & they are one of the coolest looking phones I laid my eyes on.. The 010 is still my favorite looking headphone.. So futuristic.. I'd sell all my DT48 for the 010.. They are a statement headphone..

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #40 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Straight trade? I can't add cash. Don't have money. Can't wait for them to come so I can see pics and maybe a small bit comparing both DT48as.

They do have differences, but wouldn't it be something an ohm adapter fix? Or is it more complicated than that? I'm dumb today, sorry.

BTW, how much did it take to make the DT48S seller crack?

Yes, straight trade. The 48a do have a claustrophobic soundstage, & less refined then the 48e.. But I prefer the 48a due to their technical prowess. If you want, when I get your 48a, you can pay me & I'll send you one of my 25ohm 48e.. An ohm adapter will probably help some, but being audio metric by design, it will still lack the qualities of the 48e models.. Wider sound stage, black canvas, blacker between the notes, more air around the instruments, a little better bass impact, & smoother.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #41 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan to get to that. Please understand that most of my life is 20 floors up in Century City - I'm here 10-12 hours a day (including many weekends) and put aside work to get a post in here and there. No chance of having headphones in the office, either. I have to communicate constantly with others. Also, I have to leave town next Wednesday through Sunday for some business matters. If I can't pull together some free consecutive hours, I will leave them side by side at CanJam (I have made time to be there) for anyone who wants to listen to both. I'd also be happy to let someone borrow both overnight for a private listen at CanJam.

Lawyer?

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #42 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, straight trade. The 48a do have a claustrophobic soundstage, & less refined then the 48e.. But I prefer the 48a due to their technical prowess. If you want, when I get your 48a, you can pay me & I'll send you one of my 25ohm 48e.. An ohm adapter will probably help some, but being audio metric by design, it will still lack the qualities of the 48e models.. Wider sound stage, black canvas, blacker between the notes, more air around the instruments, a little better bass impact, & smoother.

Would it be possible to send them at the same time? I'll ship back the one I prefer less.
biggrin.gif

I'm not sure which I'll prefer though. I want as close to a polar opposite of what I have now.

Quote:

Lawyer?

Yes, I think. I remember he talked about suing people. I have no idea how I remember that.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #44 of 80
Quote:

ummmmmmm.. Not sure.. I'll just send you the 48a.. If you don't like it we can trade. Oh, I got it for 225.00. Which is fair.. Less then I paid for 2 of my regular 48.

I think that's a sweet deal considering the market for used DT48's right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back