Headphone recommendation for vocals/trance/house (possibly a DAC/AMP too)
Dec 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mysti

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Just to start off, I'm probably kind of new to high-quality audio. I don't know what everything means but I'm learning. I currently use a Sennheiser HD598 and Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for my PC as well as a Sennheiser HD25 and Technics RPDJ1210 for my DJ setup.

I will soon be on a lower income compared to my already low income due to returning to study so I'm looking to buy my last DAC/AMP and a pair of headphones for a while.

Headphones: I'm looking for something that brings out the vocals in music. I've been extensively looking at the Denon D2000 but not sure if this is what I want as I hear the mids are recessed? As in the title, I mainly listen to trance, vocal trance, house and occasionally some pop, rock, hip-hop, anything really. Don't want to spend any more than $500 but can stretch maybe $100.

DAC/AMP: I think I want to start off with a combo and then get a dedicated amp. I don't know a whole lot about DACs and Amps so I'm not sure what I really want. Again, preferably no more than $500.

I don't really care about portability of anything and I don't mind whether the headphones are closed or open, though I do know this alters sound in a way.

Appreciate the help. :)

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 6
Just wanted to follow up on this. I went ahead and ordered a FiiO E10 and A900X. This is exactly what I was looking for. Loving the mids, couldn't be more happier. Thanks a lot guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back