Headphone Reccomendation (Tight, Loud, Punchy Bass)
Jul 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #31 of 36
See if you can get hold of a used AH-D2000 . Just got mine recently and I couldn't be happier . The sub bass it produces is out of the world and perfect for Electronica.This one's coming from someone who's been a trance \progressive and tech trance addict for more than 4 years now . :)

Jul 9, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #32 of 36

See if you can get hold of a used AH-D2000 . Just got mine recently and I couldn't be happier . The sub bass it produces is out of the world and perfect for Electronica.This one's coming from someone who's been a trance \progressive and tech trance addict for more than 4 years now . :)

And with the AH-D2000, you can tighten up the already punchy bass even further, by performing the markl mods.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #33 of 36
I've been using a set of Ultrasone DJ1s for more than two years for DJ mixing and personal listening and I can't reccomend them, or their successors, enough. Great, punchy bass, and a surprisingly acute and analytical response all across the board. The also work very well un-amped.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #34 of 36
HD-25, ATH m50, DT 770 (amped)
Might want to look more into those headphones
For people that recommend Shure's SRH840. These are definitely not for bassheads. I agree that they produce deep bass but it really does have not have the 'umf' factor.

If you don't mind IEM's I'd strongly suggest the Atrio m5's. You really can't compare the bass these IEM's produce.
For electronic music (eg. Trance, Hard trance, Hardstyle, Drum n Bass, Hip Hop) they're unbeatable for IEM's at that price range.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 36

Quote:

For people that recommend Shure's SRH840. These are definitely not for bassheads. I agree that they produce deep bass but it really does have not have the 'umf' factor.

I'm willing to chime in on that.  Great sounding cans, but they don't do punchy.

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #36 of 36
Amazing no one mentioned the M-Audio Studiophile Q40....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back