Headphone Reccomendation (Tight, Loud, Punchy Bass)
May 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPixcell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Due to my location, would cost around $300 or more to get them. If these are the best, then I don't exactly need them right now.. as right now, I don't have good enough stuff to be worthy of such nice headphones.

Just looking for something more affordable right now, but these will have to be my choice for the final main pair of headphones I desire to get.

The DJ1 Pro and the Pro 750 .. are they the same ? Price wise they both vary.. but looks like the 750's will cost about $320 to get them where I am. around the same for the DJ1 Pro's.

As for an affordable 'alternative' if you could say.. Sony MDR V700's good buy? XB700's? or are those M50's better than those 2 as well..?

Well my Pro750 were my first and still my only audiophile cans, so I can't really recommend anything else, but from the reviews that I read and from personal experience I know they are "ideal" for your preferred genres, and they dont need an amp to sound good (I dont have one)

I got them new for $235 w/free shipping on ebay a few months ago so you can probably get a good price on them if you wait

however, if I was in you position and wanted something now while trying to save $$$, I would get the m50s

May 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 36
allright, well I will certainly keep the Ultrasone's as the ones to get for the future..

I have a bit of money now and can get the Shure SRH750DJ headphones for about $120, locally. I have heard reviews that they are pretty good for bass as well, can anyone confirm this?

While I know they will not be as good as the Ultrasone's, I just wonder if they are better bass wise than the M-50's, because I would rather purchase locally, and considering how I can get these locally for cheaper.. it would be preferred.

May 30, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #18 of 36
Another happy Pro750 owner here.  They are the best sounding cans I have heard for bass - perfect for any electronica, pop, hip hop etc.  If you can't find a used pair in your budget I would agree that Pro550 are also a good option as I owned them previously and they had more bass than the 750 but it just wan't as tight and punchy.

May 31, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 36
Agree on the Ultrasone recommendations... HFI-780 if you want fun, cinema-like bass or PRO-750 for a little less dramatic, more analytical approach to music. I wouldn't ignore Sony as a headphone brand, they have arguably the best headphone ever built; R10 and I sold my Ultrasone HFI-780 in favor of the Sony Z6 however I won't recommend this as you simply won't find it. Having said that the Sony XB500/700 aren't all that great, save for perhaps D&B, hip hop and the likes.

Jun 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 36
I thank you kindly for the reccomendations. I will make sure I have it set to myself to get the Ultrasones as the final main pair of headphones.

I purchased today, the Shure SRH750DJ headphones. And I really do like them. The bass is certainly there, unamped, and still is really clear. On my iPod I use the bass booster, which you would assume muffle everything else like in any other headphone.. but it still keeps the clarity. Very nice.

I am impressed with these headphones right now.. i can see them sounding a bit tighter in the next couple of days or so.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #21 of 36
For the price M50s are hard to beat but if you can stretch the budget pro750s etc sound good too. M50s bass is great but I'll admit it's not king of bass detail. M50s sound is quite non-fatiguing, yet very punchy, and the treble isn't rolled off, which is nice IMO.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #22 of 36
PRO 900. Very loud and punchy bass.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #25 of 36
I posted this in a similar thread a few minutes ago, but I have owned the Pro 650, Pro 750, Pro 900 and Edition 8.   For your needs,  I would recommend the 650, because out of all of those headphones it has the most prominent sub bass.

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #26 of 36

Quote:
And muddier than a landslide unamped. 

I never tried them unamped so I don't know if that's true.

For his music prefererence pro 900 would be perfect. Better than any other cans mentioned in this thread. I listen to the same stuff he does.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
So really what was the point of making this thread... you ended up buying a headphone which no1 suggested at all.

I created this thread to find the best headphones for my specified genre really.. The headphones I purchased (the Shure's) are headphones I am using for now. I created this thread for my intentions on purchasing 'The Pair' once I have the money. Which I do not have right now. So I purchased headphones that were similar in area, were available locally, I could get a discount on, and that sounded great.

This thread was not made for no reason let me assure you, the reccomendations were highly apreciated, and I will make sure my next piece of audio equipment is a pair of Ultrasone headphones.

Once I get a better job I will be sure to start saving and get something good, I just did not have the money.

Someone had mentioned something about Shure headphones, so I began to do more research on them, seeing many awesmoe reviews.. seeing how these headphones were available at my local futureshop (on sale) then I could also get a discount on top of that.. I had to at LEAST try them out. I like them, thats the end of it really..

Sorry that I wasnt able to purchase expensive headphones this time around, but your help and information did not go to bad use I can assure you.

Jun 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #29 of 36
LOUD PUNCHY GREAT BASS? You cant beat the HD-25-II. When i bought them I realized my search for the perfect bass was over. Sennheiser makes quality headphones. I wouldnt give you 2 cents for a pair of newcomer Ultrasones.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #30 of 36
Well, uh sorry to say this but if you really need a strong bass (regardless of how tight and clear it is) you are still going to need an amp. Otherwise its only being powered by your mp3 player/computer which doesn't really have enough power to make the bass loud... There are some headphones that sound OK to some people without an amp (my SRH840s aren't too bad, would give much more 'oomph' with an amp tho) but if you want it strong you would probably do much better with an amp.. Just saying, it's kind of like drinking a Coke when you're hot, but not putting any ice in it - it's almost a necessity IMO.

And Sony are actually compared against the top headphone manufacturers like Senns and AKG, Audio technica and all that, so dont underestimate (yes I know, when I first knew Sony were making headphones I was like, "ugh GTFO Sony and leave it to the professionals" but I've heard they're ok, dont dismiss so quickl )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back