Headphone quality drivers?
Dec 29, 2020 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

leolmx

New Head-Fier
Since my Sennheiser HD280PRO had the right driver voice coil snapped right at the edge of the membrane, I must find another one for substitution. I can't find this exact model for my headphone on the internet, so I contacted Sennheiser to know if they have in stock.

I could also buy a new set of quality 40mm drivers, the only website that shows a plethora of drivers is Aliexpress, but I'm a little hesitant about the quality of them. Where could I start searching for top quality drivers? What is the most popular 40mm driver for mods? Is Aliexpress reliable? Thanks!

Dec 29, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 7
You should buy direct from Sennheiser. Did you contact your distributor for Brazil?

Dec 30, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #4 of 7
I guess the American office won't help much. I'm lucky to have a very good distributor here. When I tried some other countries on another issue I didn't get much help. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #5 of 7
The just answered me, they have it in stock. It was also said that, being a new driver, it might have a slight difference in sound compared to the already used one. This seems to make sense, is it ok to buy just the right ear driver? The other one is completely fine.

Jan 8, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 7
The just answered me, they have it in stock. It was also said that, being a new driver, it might have a slight difference in sound compared to the already used one. This seems to make sense, is it ok to buy just the right ear driver? The other one is completely fine.
Your should ask the distributor/vendor if they can sell you a matched pair. Otherwise you might end up with headphones with left and right channels sounding noticeably different.

Jan 9, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 7
If you have the money buy a matched set and keep the other one for a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back