Headphone noob - Sennheiser HD212 Pro's lacking the bass?
Aug 6, 2010 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spyder638

New Head-Fier
Hey, I found this forum while searching for an answer to the problem I'm currently having. I found a thread about a problem that is near exactly the same as my own. (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/474546/sennheiser-hd212-pro-lacking-bass)

Now, I love my bass, and want my ears to be ringing due to it - and because of this I went and bought myself a pair of Sennheiser HD212 pros, as the reviews I read lead me to believe it is even overpowering for some people. For me, it's not, sadly. In fact, I'm barely receiving any bass at all from them. I'm not that willing to spend even more money on another set, as this pair cost me a lot - and I know, for sure that there is meant to be more bass on this pair. (I've had more bass from earbuds before, and that's saying something.) 

Have you guys got any ideas on how I could maybe fix them, get them actually playing bass. I'm wondering if it's my sound card that is the problem (http://localhostr.com/files/928d7e/capture.png), however I did try them with my iPhone, it was the same, but I guess it also has a weak sound card or whatever. 

Remember, I've pretty much no idea about audio, so if you can explain what the problem may be, can you please do it in a way that is easy(ish) to understand? :)

Thanks in advance guys. 

Aug 6, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Just EQ them, HD 212 Pro is still among the bassiest headphones that exist. XB500 that costs about the same which had been A LOT better pick would provide slightly more bass tho. But yea if bass quantity doesn't satisfy with HD 212 Pro then other headphones won't either.

Oh Realtek onboard crap, you'd do yourself a favor picking up a real soundcard, that would provide more sound quality improvement than the HD 212 Pro itself vs some cheap earbuds.

Aug 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #4 of 6
That depends how much you're willing to spend, but you could get away really cheap (sounds like you don't have a big budget to spend) by picking up a used SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS of some1 for like maybe 15~$20 as long as you have a free PCI slot on your motherboard and then install kX Audio drivers and send me a PM and I'll send you optimally tweaked HD 212 Pro settings for these drivers that will bring you to bass nirvana. :p This would be the most cost efficient option that will provide a night and day difference still and solve your lack of bass problem especially. I couldn't stand using Realtek onboard at all, crap source = crap output. Realtek onboard sound tend to be so weak the volume of the music is automaticly lowered once bassnotes kicked in if you even tried to boost the bass a little on the EQ, highly annoying. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back