HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Aug 7, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #571 of 645
Sounds good. I may come late at around 9-10AM, so please keep some space for me, warren!

My list of source gears includes:
Macbook Pro Retina 2012 (has optical output, and I'll bring a cheap optical cable along for the ride, but no DVD or CD drive!)
Fiio D3 DAC (accepts optical or coaxial input)
Sony Vaio TZ laptop (has CD/DVD drive, and I can bring along a Turtle Beach Amiga II mini optical adapter)

If anyone at the same table space needs a computer source, they can grab either the Macbook or the Vaio TZ.

And for amplification:
Little Dot II++
C&C BH

And finally, for listening:
Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Audio Technica ATH-ES10 w/ Martin's Custom Audio wood cups and modifications

And that's it!

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #572 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, thank you!  That would be great as I'm totally missing a source for the meet.  HiFiGuy will probably be bringing his new ADL Esprit so he'll need his MacBook for that.

BTW Frank, have you been mapping out table arrangements?  I think it's pretty safe to say that Bill-P, Wolfetan44, HiFiGuy528, mikemercer and I will all want to share tables in close proximity to each other so that we can watch over each others' stuff.  SanJoseCanJunkie, LiuTim and Aamefford, you guys want in on the table sharing/proximity arrangements?  I don't think I'll need more than half a table.  How about you guys?

AND... they confirmed at the L.A. meet that it would be ready by the holidays (we have it captured on vid).

Hope in not a day late and $1 short... I'm 80% attending. I'll buy a ticket in a day or so. I'd love to share space. I think just an iPod, PB2 and th MDs and HD650s, so minimal space required.

Hey, aamefford, could I spend a good amount of time with your MDs? Thanks:)

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #573 of 645
Quote:
Sounds good. I may come late at around 9-10AM, so please keep some space for me, warren!

My list of source gears includes:
Macbook Pro Retina 2012 (has optical output, and I'll bring a cheap optical cable along for the ride, but no DVD or CD drive!)
Fiio D3 DAC (accepts optical or coaxial input)
Sony Vaio TZ laptop (has CD/DVD drive, and I can bring along a Turtle Beach Amiga II mini optical adapter)

If anyone at the same table space needs a computer source, they can grab either the Macbook or the Vaio TZ.

And for amplification:
Little Dot II++
C&C BH

And finally, for listening:
Audio Technica ATH-W1000X
Audio Technica ATH-ES10 w/ Martin's Custom Audio wood cups and modifications

And that's it!

Come late? It starts at 10..

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #574 of 645
Quote:
Table setup will be on a first come first serve basis. That the way we did it at the NY meet and it worked out well. if some guys want to be together just makes sure someone reserves the tables.   I think this will all run smoothly. 

Aamefford bring what ever you comfortable with. The more gear the more people will experience the meet.  I am bringing The new Hifiman HM901 and my UE18 fpor the flight and to show at the meet. Advance tickets are good so it will get you name printed on the badge and quicker entry on Saturday.

GUYS LETS MAKE THIS ROCK STILL ROOM FOR MORE

Wow, that 901 looks extremely nice.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #575 of 645
I can now confirm that I'll be making the trip (with no conflicts this time, yay!). Will be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well. In-N-Out here I come!
tongue.gif
(I saw that there's an In-N-Out within walking distance of the Westin, which is awesome.)

I'll have to see what gear I can cram into my carry-on. If possible I'll bring a laptop rig with the Audio-Technica AD2000X and KEF M500, otherwise I'll be bringing just my camera as usual.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #579 of 645
Aug 8, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #580 of 645
Hey, aamefford, could I spend a good amount of time with your MDs? Thanks:)

Sure. I'd like to hear your DT880's.

I can now confirm that I'll be making the trip (with no conflicts this time, yay!). Will be there for at least Saturday, possibly Sunday as well. In-N-Out here I come! :p (I saw that there's an In-N-Out within walking distance of the Westin, which is awesome.)

I'll have to see what gear I can cram into my carry-on. If possible I'll bring a laptop rig with the Audio-Technica AD2000X and KEF M500, otherwise I'll be bringing just my camera as usual.

ASR - I sense a bag full of burgers and fries showing up...

I should swing by earlier than that and set things up.

But unfortunately, due to circumstances, I absolutely must have breakfast before I get there. :xf_eek:

Oh is THAT what they're calling it these days...

I'll probably end up bringing my MBA along as a source, plus an iPod Classic and an IPod Touch 4G.

Somebody remind me to try out some AT woodies this time, and to spend a little time with the LCD3, HE6 and HD800 again. The HD800 never works for me, but I keep trying...

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #581 of 645
Quote:
I am flying out very early tomorrow from Philly and will  be in town and will have very little computer access until i get to the hotel a sI am not bringing a computer. I will see everyone there on Saturday or sooner as i will be at the hotel tomorrow afternoon. See you all there.

Frank, we should try to meet up.  Mercer has my contact info, and I assume you have his. 
smile.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #582 of 645
Cool, Aamefford! Also, I'm sure I'll be going to In-N-Out also.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #583 of 645
Who wanna reserve a San Jose area table?  I will probably be there before 9am for sure.

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #584 of 645
Think we'll see a W3000ANV from someone?

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #585 of 645

Users who are viewing this thread

Back