HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Aug 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #616 of 645
@Stoney, Arthur is cool!

I'll be at headmasters tomorrow, with a quick trip up to room 362 to hear the Fritz Speakers set up.

I'm going to travel light. MDs for Wolfetan, HD650's to try with a few amps. I'll brig along my MBA and ibasso rig, but I may not set them up.

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #617 of 645
I will see you all tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring gear.  I've got my LCD's with me but that's about all I could pack.  Looking forward to meeting you all.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #620 of 645
Quote:
To anyone at the show: Could you find out if they still have tickets or people coming in tomorrow?

The show is Fri, Sat, Sun. so you can come by anytime you like.
Can't see any reason they would run out of tickets.

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #621 of 645
Gettin pretty excited about this!

I look forward to seeing you all soon!!

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #623 of 645
Hope you guys are having fun... post if you can.  

Question: how is the temperature in the halls and rooms?  Makes a difference on how I dress... and whether I shower.  :wink:  Kidding! 

I'll be coming tomorrow afternoon.  I'm a lazy-ass late sleeper.  Wait for coffee and meds to kick in... and pet the giant rabbit awhile.  

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #624 of 645
Temperature is nice, also, Aameford, you don't have to bring it, I thought there was going to be more people here, but I got to listen to the MDs for a while.

Aug 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #625 of 645
Quick 1st day recap:
Alpha Dogs! So swing by Mr. Speakers' booth tomorrow if you'd like a listen.
And... the elusive Abyss!! But they aren't the stars of the show. Dr. Cavalli's amps are. He has an excellent A/B setup over at his table. SR-009 vs Abyss.

More stuffs to come, since I'm on my phone and I can't type much, but expect lots of texts and photos soon.

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #626 of 645
Quote:
Temperature is nice, also, Aameford, you don't have to bring it, I thought there was going to be more people here, but I got to listen to the MDs for a while.

For meets like this, how much time is given for most to listen to a product? Let's say....Alpha Dogs as an example.

Oh, and if I do bring my Kaedes, how does the setup normally look like for demoing IEMs? I heard from someone here that I should bring disinfective wipes? Do I bring a variety of tips for people? How does it normally work?

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #627 of 645
So so, actually... :frowning2: 

I have some work that had a very recent deadline change, and with calaf occupied elsewhere, I am going to use this as an excuse to be a leech and not bring my gear  - my apologies to anyone who wanted to hear a stageDAC or WA6SE...I would have love to side by side compare with a WA7.

However, if no one else is bringing an HE-500, RS1i, AKG271 MkII, or DT250 (it is now stable..ish) and someone would like to listen to any of them on someone else's amp, let me know and I will bring them up since they are easy to carry and don't have to be disassembled.

See you there!
Quote:
Hey SanJoseCanJunkie, how we looking now?!
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #628 of 645
Quote:
So so, actually... :frowning2: 

I have some work that had a very recent deadline change, and with calaf occupied elsewhere, I am going to use this as an excuse to be a leech and not bring my gear  - my apologies to anyone who wanted to hear a stageDAC or WA6SE...I would have love to side by side compare with a WA7.

However, if no one else is bringing an HE-500, RS1i, AKG271 MkII, or DT250 (it is now stable..ish) and someone would like to listen to any of them on someone else's amp, let me know and I will bring them up since they are easy to carry and don't have to be disassembled.

See you there!

I am bring my HE500 so if you're tight, you don't have to.

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #629 of 645
When will you guys be there for the Saturday meet? Will anyone be there early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back