HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Aug 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #556 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
I'll be there on the 9th! Who else will?

I will.  In fact, I'll be there as early as the evening of the 8th.  How early are you going?  We can do breakfast!  I'm a sucker for a good Eggs Benedict. 
smile.gif

What time? And where?

Hmm, dunno actually.  I don't know a thing about the hotel as I've never been there.  You can always just c'mon up to our room if you get there super early and we're still getting ready to go downstairs.  I'll PM you my phone number, and room number as soon as I find out what it is when I check-in.

There are four of us driving up together from L.A (myself, weirdfishes, Russtafarian and my buddy John though I can't remember his HF handle right now).  We're probably going to have a little mini meet up in the room starting Thursday night.  Why wait right?  I'll have the gear I mentioned previously:

1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Pioneer SE-A1000
  3. Perfect Sound dido d901
  4. Denon D7000
  5. Denon D7100

And I'll probably bring along a few IEMs that I'm checking out right now:

1. UE 900
  2. Etymotic ER-4PT
  3. Denon AH-C400

I'm not sure what the other guys are bringing... but I imagine that they will have some stuff on hand as well.

Are any members of your family into audio at all?  Siblings, parents, etc.?  If so, you should definitely get them to stay for the show and hang out with all of us.  Maybe we can get some new inductees into the hobby? 

No, sadly. That would help with buying, as I wouldn't have to buy it all
biggrin.gif
 Not sure about the mini meet, don't think I'll make it. I'm pretty sure I could go to breakfast though, hitch a ride with my dad on his way to work. Yea, PM me, and just tell me what time to be there for breakfast.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #557 of 645
Quote:

Hmm, dunno actually.  I don't know a thing about the hotel as I've never been there.  You can always just c'mon up to our room if you get there super early and we're still getting ready to go downstairs.  I'll PM you my phone number, and room number as soon as I find out what it is when I check-in.

There are four of us driving up together from L.A (myself, weirdfishes, Russtafarian and my buddy John though I can't remember his HF handle right now).  We're probably going to have a little mini meet up in the room starting Thursday night.  Why wait right?  I'll have the gear I mentioned previously:

1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Pioneer SE-A1000
  4. Denon D7000
  5. Denon D7100

1. UE 900
  2. Etymotic ER-4PT
  3. Denon AH-C400

I'm not sure what the other guys are bringing... but I imagine that they will have some stuff on hand as well.

Are any members of your family into audio at all?  Siblings, parents, etc.?  If so, you should definitely get them to stay for the show and hang out with all of us.  Maybe we can get some new inductees into the hobby? 

Wow that looks nice :). The WA7 is the most beautiful amp I've seen on screen. Can't wait to touch it in real life. 
And those Denons might help me with my next headphones purchase (To TH900/600, or not to)

I'll probably be lugging around my dad. He's quite clueless on audio stuff so I don't know if he'll get bored or not. My parents still want someone to watch over me 
size]
. Hopefully he can make a few friends. He's quite shy, like me in RL. 
Quote:
biggrin.gif
 Not sure about the mini meet, don't think I'll make it. I'm pretty sure I could go to breakfast though, hitch a ride with my dad on his way to work. Yea, PM me, and just tell me what time to be there for breakfast.

Darn, I still have class on the 9th. But maybe I'll come early on the 10th. Sounds fun!

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #558 of 645
Quote:
Quote:

1. Woo Audio WA7
  2. Pioneer SE-A1000
  4. Denon D7000
  5. Denon D7100

1. UE 900
  2. Etymotic ER-4PT
  3. Denon AH-C400

Wow that looks nice :). The WA7 is the most beautiful amp I've seen on screen. Can't wait to touch it in real life. 
And those Denons might help me with my next headphones purchase (To TH900/600, or not to)

I'll probably be lugging around my dad. He's quite clueless on audio stuff so I don't know if he'll get bored or not. My parents still want someone to watch over me 
size]
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Darn, I still have class on the 9th. But maybe I'll come early on the 10th. Sounds fun!

I start on the 14th:D. Anyways, my parents think that if its a nice hotel(it is), I don't need someone watching over me. Fine with me I say.

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #559 of 645
Don't look for me before noon!  :wink:

My energy is up so I might do better than I feared, but with some rest stops.

(Timing is good.... My new chemo won't start until next week. I'll be getting radiation on my only known tumor soon... pelvis bone... which has no side effects.  So this feels encouraging, but the chemo will keep me at home somewhat.  Good thing I have headphones to listen to!) 

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #560 of 645
Quote:

Lol, no worries.  I also temporarily forgot your age, which would probably creep your parents out, lol!

Quote:

It is a very pretty thing I must admit.  And it's quite capable too.  In many ways, it is the ideal first tube amp for many people.  You'll see what I mean when you try it out.

Quote:

size]

Perfect, no preconceptions!  Assuming he has decent ears and likes music, I think he'll have a decent time.

Quote:
Anyways, my parents think that if its a nice hotel(it is), I don't need someone watching over me. Fine with me I say.

That's because they have no idea how dangerous you really are! 
eek.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #561 of 645
Buying tickets right now and also a couple updates for myself.  I will bringing a plus one and also I will only be bringing a sanza fuze+ and astrotec am-90's.   

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #562 of 645
I just moved up here this week!

But I'm going to try and bring the following:

Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs
Audeze LCD3's
Sennheiser HD800's
ALO Studio Six 
CEntrance DACmini
MacBook Pro w/ Amarra

But I gotta find all the gear in boxes!!!!

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #563 of 645
Quote:

Mr. Speakers Mad Dogs
Audeze LCD3's
Sennheiser HD800's
ALO Studio Six 
CEntrance DACmini
MacBook Pro w/ Amarra

Wow bro, that's a lot of stuff!  And lol, 420 posts!

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #564 of 645
Quote:
Don't look for me before noon!  :wink:

My energy is up so I might do better than I feared, but with some rest stops.

(Timing is good.... My new chemo won't start until next week. I'll be getting radiation on my only known tumor soon... pelvis bone... which has no side effects.  So this feels encouraging, but the chemo will keep me at home somewhat.  Good thing I have headphones to listen to!) 

Glad you will make it see you Saturday

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #565 of 645
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #566 of 645
Finally got around to purchasing my pass.  Leaving L.A. tomorrow. 
smile.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #567 of 645
Just bought my ticket online.  There's no turning back for me now.  Cya all there Saturday at 9am.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #568 of 645
I am flying out very early tomorrow from Philly and will  be in town and will have very little computer access until i get to the hotel a sI am not bringing a computer. I will see everyone there on Saturday or sooner a si will be at the hotel tomorrow afternoon. See you all there.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #569 of 645
Yes, thank you!  That would be great as I'm totally missing a source for the meet.  HiFiGuy will probably be bringing his new ADL Esprit so he'll need his MacBook for that.

BTW Frank, have you been mapping out table arrangements?  I think it's pretty safe to say that Bill-P, Wolfetan44, HiFiGuy528, mikemercer and I will all want to share tables in close proximity to each other so that we can watch over each others' stuff.  SanJoseCanJunkie, LiuTim and Aamefford, you guys want in on the table sharing/proximity arrangements?  I don't think I'll need more than half a table.  How about you guys?

AND... they confirmed at the L.A. meet that it would be ready by the holidays (we have it captured on vid).

Hope in not a day late and $1 short... I'm 80% attending. I'll buy a ticket in a day or so. I'd love to share space. I think just an iPod, PB2 and th MDs and HD650s, so minimal space required.

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #570 of 645
Table setup will be on a first come first serve basis. That the way we did it at the NY meet and it worked out well. if some guys want to be together just makes sure someone reserves the tables.   I think this will all run smoothly. 

Aamefford bring what ever you comfortable with. The more gear the more people will experience the meet.  I am bringing The new Hifiman HM901 and my UE18 fpor the flight and to show at the meet. Advance tickets are good so it will get you name printed on the badge and quicker entry on Saturday.

GUYS LETS MAKE THIS ROCK STILL ROOM FOR MORE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back