Headphone Help and Opinions
Jun 18, 2011 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Iceman27911

New Head-Fier
I am new to the headphone audio world.  I just picked up a MKIII amp and already owned a set of HD555.   But now I am wanting to change my headphones I listen to a variety of music including a lot of rock.  As good as the HD555 sound I feel they somewhat miss some bass I have read so much about the Grado headphones especially the SR80i.  I am wondering if this would be a good upgrade path, I am wanting to mod the Grados with grills and cable and maybe Alu body.  So many people talk so highly about the Grado's I want to get other opinions about them if they are an upgrade.  My music selection goes from Rock to Country to some Classical.  I know it is not a HUGE jump but just want just a little bit more headphone.  I am wanting opinions and help on this PLEASE!! Thank you

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #2 of 3
I am new to the headphone audio world.  I just picked up a MKIII amp and already owned a set of HD555.   But now I am wanting to change my headphones I listen to a variety of music including a lot of rock.  As good as the HD555 sound I feel they somewhat miss some bass I have read so much about the Grado headphones especially the SR80i.  I am wondering if this would be a good upgrade path, I am wanting to mod the Grados with grills and cable and maybe Alu body.  So many people talk so highly about the Grado's I want to get other opinions about them if they are an upgrade.  My music selection goes from Rock to Country to some Classical.  I know it is not a HUGE jump but just want just a little bit more headphone.  I am wanting opinions and help on this PLEASE!! Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back