Headphone for gym and travel
May 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tommarra

100+ Head-Fier
I am in the market to replace my IEMs UE Triple.fi with something that is over the ear but has comparable sound.

They will primarily be used in the gym, travel and in the library (so sound isolation and minimal leakage is key criteria)

I am looking to spend no more than $250 on the cans.

It would be great if nice people here at Head-fi could make some suggestions. 

P.S. any thoughts on Senn HD25 II for the job or Beyer 1350 (in terms of size / portability etc)

May 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #2 of 3
The HD25 isn't over the ear, it's ON EAR.  But they are awesome if you can deal with that.  Sound leakage is minimal with the leather pads (little more with the valour which doesn't make sense to me) and they are rugged as hell.  Probably the best built portable headphones out there because you can break them down as much as you want and replace each and every part if need be.  Awesome headphones.  I can't compare them sound-wise to Triple-Fis, but they are  highly regarded by most everyone who tries them.

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Either the Senns of the Beyers are good portable headphones. The Senns probably have better impact, and the sound is not dependent upon where they sit on your head, which I would imagine would count the Beyers out for gym use, as they are so particular with head placement for bass. The Senns are probably more rugged as well, although the Beyers are not far behind in this respect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back