Headphone for gaming? ATH-AD500 vs ATH-AD700?
Feb 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

loftystew

New Head-Fier
I'm currently looking for a decent headphone for my gaming/movie viewing needs. I have looked through most of the threads on head-fi that I can find regarding suitable headphone for gaming. However, most threads talks about the really high-end headphone which doesn't fit my budget at all.

One of the recommendations given that I read from the other threads that kind of fit my budget is the ATH-AD700 which I read have a wide sound stage suitable for gaming due to it being open-styled but I would like to find a cheaper alternative if possible.

I read that the sound of ATH-AD500 is similar to ATH-AD700 from one of the older threads with one forumer commenting that the sound of ATH-AD500 is 90% similar to ATH-AD700. Is picking AD500 over AD700 advisable or is there other suitable alternatives that I can consider?

I would like to save a couple of bucks if possible since I would need to get a better sound card (Planning to get Asus Xonar DX). I'm still currently using onboard realtek sound card and a cheap dell speaker.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 2
From what I've read, the AD500 is not nearly as good as the AD700....

And with such a small price difference between the two, I wouldn't take the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back