Headphone case for big headphone
Mar 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 18
I second that Pelican recommendation. I have had alot of their cases for photo equipment and they are a beast. A little pricey but you get what you pay for for sure with pelican.

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 18
I just ordered a case on eBay. Search for "Headphone Bag Anti impact for Audio technica Koss & AKG". $17 including shipping. I just ordered it so I should get it sometime next week.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:
try a pelican case? its heavy but it'll keep it safe.

Quote:
I second that Pelican recommendation. I have had alot of their cases for photo equipment and they are a beast. A little pricey but you get what you pay for for sure with pelican.

Quote:
i have a pelican case for my cans and i think theyre wonderful. got mine used on amazon. alittle scrubing and a fresh coat of paint and its grade A

I can't recommend a pelican case enough! haha What I like best is the customizable foam inside
biggrin.gif

Got this one (iM2050) for under $40. They have TONS of case sizes and color choices as well.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #9 of 18
Just FYI for those who aren't informed. You do have to cut out the foam to accommodate your headphones. So it's going to be a custom fit. I'm just saying this because I didn't know for a while and then I was like, whattttttttt. Good luck!

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:
Just FYI for those who aren't informed. You do have to cut out the foam to accommodate your headphones. So it's going to be a custom fit. I'm just saying this because I didn't know for a while and then I was like, whattttttttt. Good luck!

It's all pick n pluck foam now. It's precut to a point so all you have to do is remove the cubes with your hand. It's pretty easy.

If you save the foam you remove, you can glue it back into place if you ever need to with rubber cement. I've done this multiple times and it works great!

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #11 of 18
You can also order the Audez'e travel case assuming your headphones have similar dimensions.  I like the case brand Audeze uses over Pelican, it's actually an even more expensive brand and it has these spring loaded clips that clip the case shut that are a lot easier to work than the force-fit snaps of the Pelican cases.

Jul 28, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #12 of 18
HifiMAN makes a decent case to fit their HE series, $29. It seems to be in-between the Headroom and Pelican/Audez'e cases protection wise.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #13 of 18
Hi guys,

This is my first post here so hoping I'm doing it right :) anyways I've been searching for ages (head fi has been so much help so thanks!) to try and source a good bag/case for my HD595's for the daily trip to work while sticking to a tight budget. The cheapest I could find was a kinda soft/hard case on eBay for $45 which holds one pair. Anyways after heaps more searching and trying different types of shops I came across the following case which is only $40 from bunnings with all foam pick'n'pluck filling included

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_craftright-safe-case-5141070180f_P5810252.aspx

Pretty solid case and easy to modify as pick'n'pluck users will know - i spent half an hour modifying it and it fits my open cans (for use at work), my closed cans (for when im on customer sites) and my Fiio E07k with a few other bits and I think it came out perfect - waterproof and shock proof just like a $100+ pelican - for $40 it's ridiculously good. They have a smaller case but it was about 1cm too small for my HD595's but it maybe good for a smaller can?

Not sure if its available for users in countries other than Australia but if you are looking for a case to keep your cans safe I think it's the bomb. I hope this helps someone :)

Rich

Aug 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
Hi guys,

This is my first post here so hoping I'm doing it right
smily_headphones1.gif
anyways I've been searching for ages (head fi has been so much help so thanks!) to try and source a good bag/case for my HD595's for the daily trip to work while sticking to a tight budget. The cheapest I could find was a kinda soft/hard case on eBay for $45 which holds one pair. Anyways after heaps more searching and trying different types of shops I came across the following case which is only $40 from bunnings with all foam pick'n'pluck filling included

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_craftright-safe-case-5141070180f_P5810252.aspx

Pretty solid case and easy to modify as pick'n'pluck users will know - i spent half an hour modifying it and it fits my open cans (for use at work), my closed cans (for when im on customer sites) and my Fiio E07k with a few other bits and I think it came out perfect - waterproof and shock proof just like a $100+ pelican - for $40 it's ridiculously good. They have a smaller case but it was about 1cm too small for my HD595's but it maybe good for a smaller can?

Not sure if its available for users in countries other than Australia but if you are looking for a case to keep your cans safe I think it's the bomb. I hope this helps someone
smily_headphones1.gif

Rich

What is the internal size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back