Headphone Buyer's Guide
Dec 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #316 of 355
hi, no soundmagic pl-50 in IEM under $70?
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #317 of 355
Hello.
I would like to buy new set of headphones, i' ll try to make it short.
What for?:
* Music
* Gaming (PC/xbox360)
* Movies (from PC)
What systems?:
* PC: Dell Latitude D620
* Xbox 360
* Panasonic stereo-system SC-AK210
Xbox is connected with my stereo system and headphones come through that.
Price range?:
~100$
------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it even wise to buy better set of headphones with systems like that ?
Is amplifier in this situation complete waste of money ? If not, maybe you could suggest one.

Hope you can help me.
Thanks
dt880smile.png

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #318 of 355
Hi!
I am looking to buy a headphone, my 10 year old HD 565 has stopped working.
I am using it for 50% pc games, 50% rock/metal music (ledzep, lynyrd, blacksabbath, deeppurple etc..). No cd player, pc connected to DENON avr 1804 via spdif, mainly flac and worse source...
Price range is about 150-250$.
After reading the forum and listening to a few cans i am thinking about the following ones (mainly koz these are the ones available here), but all suggestions are welcome, since most likely i will purchase it from ebay or from this forum.
HD 555/595/600, akg 272/701. These are the ones i have actually listened to, i am not that huge audiofile, but i wasn't that much impressed with the 555, akg 272 seemed much better, so was my 565 imo.
On Hungarian forums i was advised to buy a grado for rock music, however i couldn't try one yet, but i just can't see that they are comfortable, but i will give it a try.
How about beyers or audiotechnicas?
I am also wondering whether my 1804 is sufficient enought to power a high end headphone like the 600s and 701, or should i stick with a cheaper one?
Also should i purchase a sound card, or it won't matter because i'm using it via spdif? (realtek integrated asus p5b currently)
Thanks in advance

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #319 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dt990 is open by the way, not closed

and the dt880 are closed, not open.

otherwise great stuff.

is dt 880 better than dt 770

and is there a new bd model coming out

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #320 of 355
hello everybody....

i wanna upgrade mu headphones. (have cx300 since few months)
i am biased towards GRADO SR 60.
i live in a country where grados are not available, so have to import them.

so please help me regarding durability of grado as it wont be possible to replace them from here.. .....(if they work for more than 2 yrs it would be fine).

am really confused as in few threads i have read that one side of grados stopped working even if great care is taken. as far as mediocre plastic body is considered, will it break easily?
also i have read that wire is too thick that it can't be broken easily.

i listen to every genre...

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #321 of 355
my advice on the Grado SR60 is that for the price of about one or two cd's more, the SR80 is a better deal. I listened to both at the time I bought my SR80 and there was a difference that was easy to hear. 80's had deeper bass. I'd get the 80's.

as for durability, mine have been banged around a bit for years, fallen to the floor from a few feet, etc, and never had a problem other than the foam earpad came loose recently.

Dec 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #322 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by MYSTER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One question. Are the Sennheiser HD201's any good anymore? I'm probably gonna get a pair this weekend.

For the money, Play.com are selling them for about £15, they are excellent. If you are a bass head then you may find them a bit lacking. But for overall sound, clarity, detail and a wide midrange they are excellent. I find them comfortable as the foam goes around the ear rather than on it, but build is a bit plasticy.

With regards the above post, I would agree, I find the SR80s to be well worth the extra over the SR60s.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #323 of 355
Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should Audio Technica M50 be on the list?

Yes they should. I have them and love them. I don't know why these lists are not being updated

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #324 of 355
Hi!
I have to buy new headphones for ~100€ and I saw these.
I'm listening to electronic music (dance, hands up, electro, hardstyle) so it would be good if they have deep bass.

So do you recomend any other or are this a good buy?

Jan 6, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #325 of 355
I think this will be a very helpful guide. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back