Headphone amp for ATH-AD900
Sep 26, 2011 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

T.F.O.A

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, looking for a headphone amp for ath-ad900.
Was thinking of getting the asgard at first,but after i read 6moon review, they said that the asgard hum.
Since ath-ad900 is open back, and i can't stand hum, so any other recommendations? (does the asgard still hum? if it doesn't then i'd love to get it)
budget wise around $250

Sep 26, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 11
BUMP!
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #4 of 11
Don't bother with a headphone amp for the AD900's alone imo. I only noticed a very minor difference (if any at all). If you're planning on getting more demanding headphones in the future, then I'd say get an amp. for them all.

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 11
Op whats your current source? not satisfied by the sound with your AD900's? 

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Take a look at the E7/E9 combo. Is a nice budget solution for people wanting a Dac/amp. 

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 11
Hello All,

I pretty much have the same question.
I currently have a pair of AD900's and a pair of Shure 840"s running through Foodbar to an Audinist MX-1.
I am pondering purchasing a Matrix M-Stage amp to pair the MX-1 (as a DAC).
The M-Stage will cost me approx $270 AUD.
I listen to all genres of music, all mp3 320 or Flac.
I listen to both headphones pretty much equally.

I currently really enjoy the SQ from the MX-1, but if I can significantly improve it with the addition of the M-Stage, I would give it a go. Also its nearly time for a new toy. :)

Will adding the M-Stage give me a noticable improvement with both headphones?
Is it worth paying the $270 for the headphones I have, or should the MX-1 suffice?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #10 of 11
Really dont think you will be dissapointed. I think they are great together. It was my first rig and still love it.
Got a bit of upgraditis now though, need a new toy, hence my M-Stage inquiry.
By the way, sorry to hijack your thread :).

Cheers

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:
Really dont think you will be dissapointed. I think they are great together. It was my first rig and still love it.
Got a bit of upgraditis now though, need a new toy, hence my M-Stage inquiry.
By the way, sorry to hijack your thread :).

Cheers

Thanks! now i'm definitely getting the audinst then. haha yeah upgraditis is hard to cure lol.
No worries! You actually helped me on deciding which amp, since i want dac too. definitely going for audinst then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back