Headphone Advice QUICK!
Dec 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #31 of 75
I really like the look of them. Do they sound good for metal music? Are they over the ear?

I don't listen to a ton of metal music but from what I have listened to I had to adjust the eq on my iPhone for metal with them. Once I did that they sound good. Also remember that these def need to be burned in. I noticed a huge difference after I burned them in with some pink noise for like 30 hours. For $112 they are a pretty good buy. I enjoy them quite a bit

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #32 of 75
Very nice! And i guess i'm gonna have to check it out someday!
Yeah, do some more research on the headphones, I also thought I'd hate the on ear design, but it's actually pretty comfy. Also, Amazon has a 30 money back guarantee, so, if you don't like the Grado's, you can return them. :wink:

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #33 of 75
Quote:
Yeah, do some more research on the headphones, I also thought I'd hate the on ear design, but it's actually pretty comfy. Also, Amazon has a 30 money back guarantee, so, if you don't like the Grado's, you can return them.
wink.gif

Yeah. Amazon is truly amazing for their return policy. Haha.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #34 of 75
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #36 of 75
Lol i might just do that!
Hey, it's Head-Fi, we're all insane here, so people here do that all the time! Also, the Vmoda's are on sell for $90 I think. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #37 of 75
Quote:
Hey, it's Head-Fi, we're all insane here, so people here do that all the time! Also, the Vmoda's are on sell for $90 I think.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol well i only joined Head-Fi yesterday so I'm really new haha. I'm also new to headphones so just starting off and mhm on Amazon they are 89.99 and have free shipping and I have exactly that amount <3 Haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #38 of 75
Lol well i only joined Head-Fi yesterday so I'm really new haha. I'm also new to headphones so just starting off and mhm on Amazon they are 89.99 and have free shipping and I have exactly that amount <3 Haha:)
Yeah, we were all new at one time. Take your time to get to know a couple headphones, and take reviews with a grain of salt. Don't buy any cans yet, and get to know the Headfi slang. Also, hang out at the TMAC thread, it's real fun there, just Google tmac, and it should show up. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #39 of 75
Quote:
Yeah, we were all new at one time. Take your time to get to know a couple headphones, and take reviews with a grain of salt. Don't buy any cans yet, and get to know the Headfi slang. Also, hang out at the TMAC thread, it's real fun there, just Google tmac, and it should show up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol nice I might have to check it out but first I have a request, listen to this song with your headphones on and tell me how good it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUpylD3HLtE

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #40 of 75
Lol nice I might have to check it out but first I have a request, listen to this song with your headphones on and tell me how good it sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUpylD3HLtE
It sounds great to me, but, I'm not a huge metal fan myself, so I can't say how it compares to some other cans I have, I'll A/B them right now though. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #42 of 75
YAY!!! And yeah not many people I know are metal fans now but hey people like what they like and I just find that it makes Christmas music so much better! :D
Hmm... the Philips Cityscape Uptowns seem to do a slightly better job with the drums, kind of an oomph whenever there is a bass kick and the such, but my HA-S500's are moded quite a bit, so it could be the mods I've done to them... but, a do know that Grado's are great for this type of music, you REALLY need to try them out. Any local HiFi shops over there?

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #43 of 75
Quote:
Hmm... the Philips Cityscape Uptowns seem to do a slightly better job with the drums, kind of an oomph whenever there is a bass kick and the such, but my HA-S500's are moded quite a bit, so it could be the mods I've done to them... but, a do know that Grado's are great for this type of music, you REALLY need to try them out. Any local HiFi shops over there?

There aren't any around me :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #44 of 75
Wish I had a pair of SR80i's that I could loan you but I dont since I upgraded to the MS2i's, like someone else suggested at least buy the 80's from amazon, and if you dont like them return them! You will be happy as a pig in.... Just pull the trigger on them and leave them just the way they come and you will be fine. They are just what want for your musi genre.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #45 of 75
Wish I had a pair of SR80i's that I could loan you but I dont since I upgraded to the MS2i's, like someone else suggested at least buy the 80's from amazon, and if you dont like them return them! You will be happy as a pig in.... Just pull the trigger on them and leave them just the way they come and you will be fine. They are just what want for your musi genre.
Exactly what I was trying to say! :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back