Headphone Advice QUICK!
Dec 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #16 of 75
You'd need these, 2 of these (They come 1 ear pad per $8.50, so you need 2), You'd need 2 of these (Make sure Inside Diameter is 2-5/8"). And the headphones themselves from here.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #17 of 75
Quote:
You'd need these, 2 of these (They come 1 ear pad per $8.50, so you need 2), You'd need 2 of these (Make sure Inside Diameter is 2-5/8"). And the headphones themselves from here.

It looks like with all this im in around 110 or 120 after shipping charges. And I seriously might consider it because in my opinion, they don't look as ridiculous as you might think. Haha but they do look pretty big but also idk how id set it up on the headphone and what not. :p

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #18 of 75
Quote:
Based on what you're looking for I'd suggest checking out the v-moda crossfade lp's. They are built really well, have a removeable cable(one with mic and one without). They have plenty of bass and can be driven very easily from an iPhone. You can get them on amazon for like $112 right now.

I really like the look of them. Do they sound good for metal music? Are they over the ear?

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 75
I really like the look of them. Do they sound good for metal music? Are they over the ear?
Those are over ear, but I've heard that the SQ is sub par, that's why I went with the HA-S500's. :wink:

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #20 of 75
Quote:
Those are over ear, but I've heard that the SQ is sub par, that's why I went with the HA-S500's.
wink.gif

Well I mean it's a way easier alternative to the headphones you suggested ONLY because of all the extra stuff you need to buy and the waiting time for everything.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #21 of 75
It looks like with all this im in around 110 or 120 after shipping charges. And I seriously might consider it because in my opinion, they don't look as ridiculous as you might think. Haha but they do look pretty big but also idk how id set it up on the headphone and what not. :p
Well, you can just order the big HM5 pads and put them over the stock pads, so you have 2 pads on each side, or, you can take off the stock pads and put on the Audio Technica pads, then put on the HM5 pads to make them better sounding. If you're really serious about great sound there are tons of crazy cool mods you can do. Oh, and you put the 2 o-rings between the stock/audio technica and hm5 pads to get a better seal. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 75
Well I mean it's a way easier alternative to the headphones you suggested ONLY because of all the extra stuff you need to buy and the waiting time for everything.
True, it's up to you. :wink:

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #23 of 75
Oh, and the S500's have something new called Carbon Nanotube Drivers, which are 20x stronger than steel, so you can't blow them even at real high volumes. :xf_eek:

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #25 of 75
I know now that the reason they take so long to ship is because they are all the way from Japan. But I mean I almost want to get the v moda crossfade because i hear they are good with sound quality but then I heard they aren't that good for my style of music unless I use an eq.
Yeah, pros and cons about both, maybe you can find some used S500's being sold in the states. :D

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #27 of 75
Lol. Well I might go with the v-moda and get them off amazon and if I don't like them i will return them and just start from square one and go those headphones from japan. lol
Okay, keep us updated, if you live near Austin, Texas, there is a Head-Fi meet in March. I could show you my HA-S500's, the other thing is, you could get Grado SR-80i's, and G-cush pads to make them full sized for a total of $145,and Grado's are [COLOR=FF00AA]PERFECT[/COLOR] for Rock, Metal, Etc... but they are open back, so they leak out a lot of sound. :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #28 of 75
Quote:
Okay, keep us updated, if you live near Austin, Texas, there is a Head-Fi meet in March. I could show you my HA-S500's, the other thing is, you could get Grado SR-80i's, and G-cush pads to make them full sized for a total of $145,and Grado's are PERFECT for Rock, Metal, Etc... but they are open back, so they leak out a lot of sound.
frown.gif

Wow there is a meet for this website? That's pretty awesome. And haha I don't think I could make it. Im a 17 year old in high school in Indiana. I do have family down there maybe one year I'll have to go man. Sounds like fun. Im new to the headphone game so I'm testing the water until I get a job to get the really good headphones. and also I considered Grados but i hear nothing good about upgrading them to g cushions. Maybe when I have lots of money i'll buy some grados because I do really want to try them out. I will be sure to keep you updated. :D thanks man

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #29 of 75
Wow there is a meet for this website? That's pretty awesome. And haha I don't think I could make it. Im a 17 year old in high school in Indiana. I do have family down there maybe one year I'll have to go man. Sounds like fun. Im new to the headphone game so I'm testing the water until I get a job to get the really good headphones. and also I considered Grados but i hear nothing good about upgrading them to g cushions. Maybe when I have lots of money i'll buy some grados because I do really want to try them out. I will be sure to keep you updated. :D thanks man
They have Head-Fi meets everywhere! Just, I live in Texas so I'm going to the Austin meet, it'll be my first expo, I can't wait! :biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back