Headamp Pico Slim anounced !!
May 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #16 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CRAP! I was all set to buy a T4 and now I'm having second thoughts...how long would we have to wait before the Slim would be available to us lowly consumers?

It will be revealed at CanJam'09, which is end of this month. However, assuming it will be the Pico of ultra-portable, I'll say we are looking at a very long waiting list again. I guess those who have faith should start queuing up now before the list gets too long
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, hopefully if this has a good synergy with the IE8, I might purchase one.
biggrin.gif
Depends on the price though, hope it's around the <$100 area.

I doubt that it will be that inexpensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It will be revealed at CanJam'09, which is end of this month. However, assuming it will be the Pico of ultra-portable, I'll say we are looking at a very long waiting list again. I guess those who have faith should start queuing up now before the list gets too long
biggrin.gif

Where do I sign up?
icon10.gif
I look forward to impressions after CanJam, I'm betting that Justin's new amp will be a hit...I have enough faith to order one now, expecting it to have similar build quality as Pico and "work of art" appearance.

May 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #19 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CRAP! I was all set to buy a T4 and now I'm having second thoughts...how long would we have to wait before the Slim would be available to us lowly consumers?

From the HeadAmp site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadAmp
A release of a new portable amp, the Pico Slim, is planned for late summer.

So I expect that there will be a preorder thread in the sponsor forum sometime over summer.

May 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #20 of 62
lol i just bought a t4 which sounds fine but distorts easily in high gain mode past 7 on the knob and at 10 in low gain distorts slightly
frown.gif
sounds good tho but from my first charge/discharge i tested last night at 10 in low gain with bass boost on i only got 7 1/2 hours off a full charge
frown.gif
so if this new amp has an expected 40-50 battery life i'll be on the waiting list and selling the t4
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #28 of 62
The pico is definatley less agressive and a smoother sound. Let's no forget that much of this game is component matching. I wouldn't put Ety's with the Mustang since the Ety's need something smoother.

They both have their advantages, just one worked better with my IEM's and portable headphones. If this is a better pico designed for custom IEM's, I certainly want to hear it sometime!

May 12, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #29 of 62
ditto Germania. I tend to use the following matchups:

v.3 Darths w/ P51 Mustang
RS-1 or Triple-Fi w/ Pico
32ohm Darths w/ Xin Reference v.B5 (32ohm are brighter than any other Darths)
Klipsch Images w/Xin Supermini

May 12, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #30 of 62
Component matching?

Oh man, just when I thought this audiophile stuff couldn't get more confusing...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back