Headamp Pico Slim anounced !!
May 8, 2009 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

DarKu

Reviewer at Soundnews
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
check this out !! :
L3000.gif

It will be available at CanJam '09
From specifications point of view it seems that it will have a lot of juice for IEM users, can't wait to see how it looks like.

May 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 62
Great to see that Justin continue developing new amplifiers.
This one sound interesting indeed!
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 62
Will be interesting to see it up against the T4 for an ultra portable size amp

May 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be interesting to see it up against the T4 for an ultra portable size amp

I cant see that being much of a contest TBH. if the slim pico is as good sounding, just not as powerful as its bigger brother, the T4 doesnt stand a chance in that fight IMO

May 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 62
I was thinking punch per pound. What also would be great is if the Pico will have better rf shielding than the T4.

May 9, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 62
the regular pico has superb RF shielding. very quiet little amp. I never used to switch my iphone to airplane mode; remember I always used to say that?? I cant say the same of the D10.

May 9, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #9 of 62
I think I'll definately be in line to try this one

May 9, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #10 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking punch per pound.

I was thinking of the same thing.

T4 is at a pretty sweet price point IMO as an ultra-portable amp. The way I see this is, Pico slim is likely to either compete with much better SQ + higher price or slightly better performance (relatively speaking) at similar price. The 2nd option makes more sense to me since higher price tag turns buyer attention toward normal size portable amp with more features / better performance. That's just my guess anyway. It would be great to see something better than T4 as the choice of ultra-portable amp in the current market is very limited.

Here is a size comparison b/w T4 and Pico slim.

May 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #11 of 62
Cool, that size is still insanely great. I'm happy with the T4 sound but hate having to set the iPhone i airplane mode to use it or be killed by rf. So even just slightly better sound at a comparable price but with great rf isolation would be great. Much better sq at higher price and great rf isolation would be even better.

May 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #13 of 62
I am curious what the Slim's big secret will turn out to be. But one thing I'd really like from an amp of this sort is pass-through USB charging so that I'd need only one USB power lead to charge both the amp and the DAP, even if it took longer (since I'm usually charging overnight anyway).

May 9, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 62
CRAP! I was all set to buy a T4 and now I'm having second thoughts...how long would we have to wait before the Slim would be available to us lowly consumers?

May 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #15 of 62
this amp look dreamy! soooooo small! i want one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back