HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
May 18, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #1,876 of 2,425
USPS tracking works pretty well if you're domestic.  Updates whenever it passes through a post office.  International and all bets are off. 

I live five minutes from my city's post office and ten minutes from a major airport postal hub so it's never a problem for me. 

May 18, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #1,877 of 2,425
then explain why it doesnt even have any information for movement within the US before it left? its the biggest joke.

May 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #1,878 of 2,425
What are you, 10? "Should have been there before the weekend and now it's tuesday"... so that's only a 2-3 business day delay. And you're in Australia. Relax, delays happen, I'm sure it will get there in the near future.

Quote:
indeed, but thats not my problem, that i'm used to as I deal with it for supplies shipping all the time, no what I dont get is USPS express should have really been here before the weekend and now its tuesday the next week, and regular airmail packages that shipped at the same time have arrived already. I just wonder if they actually went out on or near the day we received shipping notices, because I know we get the email as a result of the label being printed out, but it really has little to do whether its been shipped and because the tracking is so crap, it only says it was due to be picked up whether it has or not is uncertain at the time. i wonder when it left the building so to speak. i'm not talking of deception, just the brand of timewarp that seems to exist over there....

May 18, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #1,879 of 2,425
It's been 4 weeks since shipping started and 86 have been shipped.  That's just over 20 a week.

I'm number 232, which means about a 11 week wait from the start of shipping.  
So at this rate I won't be getting my Slim until July = (

May 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #1,880 of 2,425

Quote:
I have had several USPS parcels that still don't show (and never have) that they have even been picked up (TWag from Craig is one) despite me having received them months ago. Worst tracking ever (not worst company, that honour repeatedly goes to FedEx)

its really not the fault of usps for the tracking.they give accurate tracking till the package hits your country,THEN it is the responsibility of your local post office to update the tracking.so your post office is the one that sucks not them.

i know this because i went to customs at my airport and i asked them about the procedure because many times the tracking of my package stops after it says "Arrived at xx airport".

@Qusp,never ever a usps package arrived in less than a week from USA to me,so be patient.

EDIT:in the first place i wouldnt even consider placing an order for the pcio slim because it is just absurd to wait waht? 3-4 months till it is assembled and shipped? along with the lack of communications and not answering pms or emails? this service is not acceptable by any means,and i dont care if the product is the best in the world.To run a businness like this is disrespectful to the consumers.

Justin should have known that the pico slim will be a big hit based on the sales of the original pico and the competition and popularity of the brand.
to say that he is assembling other amps beside the pico slim is a lame excuse,because he should have prepared for the flood of orders he KNEW were coming.

May 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #1,881 of 2,425

Quote:
then explain why it doesnt even have any information for movement within the US before it left? its the biggest joke.

if you still have "Electronic Shipping Info Received", the package is not picked by USPS.  They have to scan the package if it is customer generated using USPS account.

May 18, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #1,882 of 2,425

Quote:
if you still have "Electronic Shipping Info Received", the package is not picked by USPS.  They have to scan the package if it is customer generated using USPS account.

So, are you saying that they still haven't been picked up from Justin's shop?  Perhaps he can comment on when they actually left his possession.......................................  JUSTIN, YOU THERE?

George

May 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,884 of 2,425

Quote:

its really not the fault of usps for the tracking.they give accurate tracking till the package hits your country,THEN it is the responsibility of your local post office to update the tracking.so your post office is the one that sucks not them.

i know this because i went to customs at my airport and i asked them about the procedure because many times the tracking of my package stops after it says "Arrived at xx airport".

@Qusp,never ever a usps package arrived in less than a week from USA to me,so be patient.

EDIT:in the first place i wouldnt even consider placing an order for the pcio slim because it is just absurd to wait waht? 3-4 months till it is assembled and shipped? along with the lack of communications and not answering pms or emails? this service is not acceptable by any means,and i dont care if the product is the best in the world.To run a businness like this is disrespectful to the consumers.

Justin should have known that the pico slim will be a big hit based on the sales of the original pico and the competition and popularity of the brand.
to say that he is assembling other amps beside the pico slim is a lame excuse,because he should have prepared for the flood of orders he KNEW were coming.

Actually I was rather relieved to hear he is spending some time building his other products as some people have been as frustrated as you guys waiting for your Pico's. A mix of products is the only fair way to go about things as some people have ordered their Blue Hawaii's, Gilmore's, GS-1's, and so forth way before the Pico Slims came on line. I do agree that Justin should get some help though. His products are just too popular to not have at least a secretary that can give an accurate eta on his delivery's. The ideal thing would be too find some stellar electronics gurus and start expanding but I'm not sure that he really wants to do that (or he would have already).

I think if your going to be small scale like it seems he wants too, he should limit orders to "production runs." A lot of one man operations do this so they can keep up with demand. So instead of letting an indefinite amount of people order whatever they want, build only 200 Pico Slims a year, maybe 50 GS-1's, and 10 BH etc (obviously he would know what numbers would be realistic and profitable). Do them in small batches and rotate them (similar to the way some people sell the B22's). That would keep him in line with demand, lower wait times, increase customer satisfaction, increase resale, and give him time to work on warranty returns or answer e-mails.

May 18, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #1,885 of 2,425
I also recommend Justin to do batches. I'm very interested in acquiring one of Justin's home amps. But the wait time is just crazy. I don't want to wait for months. His products are superb and quite possibly the best in the industry.

May 18, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #1,886 of 2,425

Quote:
midoo1990 said:

That is plain not true

Quote:

So the TWag cable that I have been using for my JH13 for 1½ months now has not yet been picked up from Craig since the tracking still only says "Electronic Shipping Info Received" ?
Same thing for another package I received months ago, it never updated to anything either. Other times it works fine though, there really does not seem to be any system to it.
You really can't use the electronic shipping info in any way to determine if a thing has physically shipped unless the tracking actually says it is on the way by way point scans

May 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #1,887 of 2,425
The first post of this thread still says

"No payment is needed until the Pico Slims are ready to ship."

I paid when asked to on 14th March 2010 and have no idea whatsoever when I might get my amp. I thought a month  after payment would have been reasonable. Anyway, fortunately it is not a huge issue for me but I can see how it would wind people up. Much better to say the deal is 'I need your money now to guarantee your item but delivery will be in 6 months', then deliver it in 3 months.

May 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #1,888 of 2,425
Eh, I've got no problem waiting. I can appreciate the pressure Justin must be under, and I'm sure he reads every comment in his threads (I know I would) so anyone disparaging him publicly probably doesn't make him very happy. I paid, I know it'll be shipped because he is shipping amps, that's good enough for me. I can wait as long as I need to, rest of my equipment still works in the meantime
smile_phones.gif

May 18, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #1,889 of 2,425

Quote:
Eh, I've got no problem waiting. I can appreciate the pressure Justin must be under, and I'm sure he reads every comment in his threads (I know I would) so anyone disparaging him publicly probably doesn't make him very happy. I paid, I know it'll be shipped because he is shipping amps, that's good enough for me. I can wait as long as I need to, rest of my equipment still works in the meantime
smile_phones.gif

I'm with you. I trust Justin to deliver as he always has. I see too many impatient people here...although it helps to have other gear to use. I think I'm in the next batch-WOO HOO

darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back