HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #691 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin, I see that I am on the pre order PDF, but I haven't received any PM with payment instructions or anything.

I see some people paid already, how should I proceed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

AFAIK Payment PMs have not gone out yet; as for why boomana is listed as paid, see here

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #692 of 2,425
Me2 Same configuration!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaunty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be mostly using a Classic. Would be nice to see a combo with the TWag Micro LOD and the Slim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
other setups, an ipod classic? anybody going to pair the slim with an ipod classic?

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #693 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyckc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me2 Same configuration!

I will be using mine with an iMod 5.5g, occasionally a Nano 4g. Craig at Whiplash built me a very nice cable with right angle Neutriks at both ends to pair with my ALO iMod mini dock and RSA Shadow. I would have liked Switchcraft plugs, but size is a factor, and the Neutriks are smaller. The configuration allows me to align the volume control end of the amp with the bottom of the iMod. And that works well in my Hippocase. Using the Slim with a non-iMod, I would definitely love one one of those low profile LODs, even if it does only exit stage left, if only to compare it to the Ray Samuels LOD, which is also extremely well made and sounds outstanding on my Nano and iPhone.

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #696 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin, I see that I am on the pre order PDF, but I haven't received any PM with payment instructions or anything.

I see some people paid already, how should I proceed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

PM's are to get your email/paypal address. Payment requests will be a paypal invoice or similar via email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
other setups, an ipod classic? anybody going to pair the slim with an ipod classic?

Yes I will be using it with a 2009 160GB Classic in place of the iBasso D10 I use at the moment and hopefully with JH13 in place of UM3x

Feb 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #697 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some pictures of the TWag Micro.
4347021247_7302d537fd_o.jpg

looks great.

I am looking at ipod touch 3G -> Twag elite LOD -> pico slim
hope it sounds good.
o2smile.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #698 of 2,425
I just got the pico slim prototype with the twag mini lod (the lod is really nice). The amp sounds and looks as good as I remember. I've got it for a couple days, so I'll take some pics and write up impressions in a bit. Just wanted to throw out a teaser
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #699 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the pico slim prototype with the twag mini lod (the lod is really nice). The amp sounds and looks as good as I remember. I've got it for a couple days, so I'll take some pics and write up impressions in a bit. Just wanted to throw out a teaser
smile.gif

Pics or it didnt happen
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #700 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics or it didnt happen
wink.gif

I can't take even semi-decent pictures, but here's what I got. Sorry, Justin. Obviously, this sample still needs anodizing and lettering, but otherwise is finished, or so I hope, because it sounds excellent.

The stuff that came out of the very nice box

DSCN1109.jpg

Cool lettering

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1112.jpg

It's a tiny little thing

DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

The twag lod is just right

DSCN1119.jpg

With an old nano

DSCN1121.jpg

With the new classic

DSCN1123.jpg

The twag is just long enough that you can bring the end of the pico flush with the top of the classic so you can reach the volume knob easily. I was using it this way when I had it stuffed in my back pocket.

DSCN1124.jpg

When I wasn't walking around, I just put the pico side-by-side with the classic. I've been listening with the jh13s and the n_maher beautified 225s.

DSCN1125.jpg

I'll comment later on the sound later, but let's just say I'm pretty happy right now, and won't enjoy passing it on in a couple days.

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #702 of 2,425
case looks great. of course, it sorta defeats the purpose of being ultra thin to have it in the case, but it'd be hard to resist, with both the look and feel probably being so nice!

Feb 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #703 of 2,425
WOW looks awesome! Even without the engravings.

Do you think that i can sow on velcro strips to the case? Or i can use them 3M Command adhesive strips but not sure how well they work on leather (uneven due to the lettering).

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #704 of 2,425
Hi Justin,

Would like to get on the list for

Pico Slim (Black)
Leather Case

If you source a leather case for the original Pico now or in the future, I'll take two.

Best regards,

Tom

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #705 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by TomH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you source a leather case for the original Pico now or in the future, I'll take two.

I'll have them in a few weeks. The original Pico has come with a leather bag, but the leather case for it will allow access to the USB jack and/or DC jack. I'll offer it for something reasonable like $15 or $20 including shipping.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back