Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #122 of 437
Quote:
Thanks guys Im pretty sure ill get this in a few weeks time now the hardest part is to get it in blue or black? I wonder one over the other shows fingerprints more or less, if anyone got any idea please let me know, hopefully it will help me make up my mind on color choice :/

FWIW, it comes with a black leather like slipcase. Mine has not left that case since it was new. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #125 of 437
how does the pico power compare with the old pico?

I have both. It is a much fuller sound. Seems to have more bass emphasis, maybe due to extra driving power. Although I like the original Pico quite a bit, the Power is on a different level. I will say tough, with the HM801, I didn't like it with my current iems.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #126 of 437
Quote:
I have both. It is a much fuller sound. Seems to have more bass emphasis, maybe due to extra driving power. Although I like the original Pico quite a bit, the Power is on a different level. I will say tough, with the HM801, I didn't like it with my current iems.

Does the PicoPower show up weakness of HM801 audio quality, or maybe just bad synergy?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #127 of 437
Quote:
how does the pico power compare with the old pico?

I also have both and the Power is a big step up from the Pico.  I completely agree with Dallan except I might describe the two somewhat differently.   To me, the Power seems to have a blacker background that lets more of the musical nuances through, and voices and instruments are much more natural because of it.  The Power also seems to be more dynamic - probably because of the greater power.

Low bass is also better detailed with more punch than the Pico.  It isn't over emphasized, the bass is simply there.  In comparison, the Pico has pretty muddled bass in the bottom octave.  

I use it with both my ES5 and LCD3.  With these, I greatly prefer the Power to the Pico.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #132 of 437
Quote:

Does the PicoPower show up weakness of HM801 audio quality, or maybe just bad synergy?

No, it overwhelms the iem is seems.  JH13 just doesn't need double warm.  The 801 is warm and with the GAME amp made for iem's it is clear and smooth but with the Pico Power added, it just adds too much bass and it is an extra unneeded component as well in the audio stream.  The HM801 is actually very good with my iem.  On the other hand, with either the game amp or stock when playing the Edition 8LE (which is my primary portable), it seems to have uncontrolled bass and not quite enough where as adding the pico power the performance is wonderful.  

My primary setup right now is the CLAS dac to the Pico Power.  For the moment my favorite.  I have another dap on the way though so we will see what happens.  Probably see some of my portable stuff on the for sale in the next month, although I like all my setups, you can only listen to one at a time and i will end with four, and two amps.  Love the Pico but it will be going soon i am sure due to duplication.

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #133 of 437
I bought a used Pico Power from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667886/pico-power-purple

I made the payment on Jun. 13th and Matthew Simonetti (ILL-Audiophilac) confirmed he received the payment.  However, one week passed I did not receive the amp or tracking number that shows he shipped the amp. 
size]

I believe this is a pre-order that Matt did last year and he just received this purple Pico Power from Justin couple weeks ago.  I hope Matt is doing OK.    If anyone here know Matt please let him know that if he needs more times to ship out the amp, I am totally fine with it.  Just want to make sure there is nothing bad happened to him.

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #134 of 437
Quote:
I bought a used Pico Power from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/667886/pico-power-purple

I made the payment on Jun. 13th and Matthew Simonetti (ILL-Audiophilac) confirmed he received the payment.  However, one week passed I did not receive the amp or tracking number that shows he shipped the amp. 
size]

I believe this is a pre-order that Matt did last year and he just received this purple Pico Power from Justin couple weeks ago.  I hope Matt is doing OK.    If anyone here know Matt please let him know that if he needs more times to ship out the amp, I am totally fine with it.  Just want to make sure there is nothing bad happened to him.

Did you pay through PayPal? I hope you didn't use the Gift method...

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #135 of 437
Yes I did pay through Paypal and with CC.  I will not pay with gift option unless I had previous successful transaction with the seller.

I really like to believe that Matt (ILL-Audiophilac) simply just too busy to ship the amp because it is just couple hundred dollars.  

Well, I hope to hear from Matt soon if not then I need to contact Paypal and my credit card company to dispute the charge.  It is too bad, I was hoping to listen to Pico Power this weekend.  
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back