HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Dec 17, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #3,346 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjs- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
graphicas, it seems you're not the only person in the situation. Super_fied and myself have been puzzling over the same dilemma...

Who knows when it'll arrive - a real christmas surprise! Hopefully it's been sent.

I can't track my delivery either and the result is the same if you call usps, rather than looking online. Hmmm.

It looks forward to the commodity's reaching as a stocking filler to me.
Thank you.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #3,347 of 3,724
Hi Justin and all,

My pico just arrived moments ago via my local courier....am loving the build and sound quality of it. It took a little long to arrive but well worth the wait. I'm just glad I followed through with my order! Thank you so much Justin!

Justin, one question about the user replaceable battery, when it dies, do we have to order it through you or could you tell us what battery it is so I can go and replace it myself. Or do i still have to send the amp back to you?(would prefer to personally replace it as it takes time and money to ship=() I scanned through the first few pages and I know you mentioned it's about 20 usd. It wouldn't make sense for me to ship everything back and incur the shipping cost.

do let me know, that's the only question i have...i'll drop you an email as well if you don't happen to see this.

Once again thanks a lot and happy holidays!

Dec 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #3,348 of 3,724
Hi Justin,

I own the Pico serial number 424. You sent it to me to Spain (together with a GS-1). It has been barely used (most of the time during holidays, when I am away from home. For home I have the GS-1). Suddenly I realized the battery is not charging any more. The Pico is running when it is plugged to power converter/adapter but, if you unplugged it from power, it stops immediately. The charging led is always off.

I am a little upset. What should I do? Please just let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Mauricio Echeverria
mechever64@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #3,350 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooMonger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to order a pico with usb dac, please.

You can now just go to the HeadAmp Audio Electronics website and order one from there, since pre-orders ended a long time ago.

Jan 1, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #3,351 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by super_fied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Justin and all,

My pico just arrived moments ago via my local courier....am loving the build and sound quality of it. It took a little long to arrive but well worth the wait. I'm just glad I followed through with my order! Thank you so much Justin!

Justin, one question about the user replaceable battery, when it dies, do we have to order it through you or could you tell us what battery it is so I can go and replace it myself. Or do i still have to send the amp back to you?(would prefer to personally replace it as it takes time and money to ship=() I scanned through the first few pages and I know you mentioned it's about 20 usd. It wouldn't make sense for me to ship everything back and incur the shipping cost.

do let me know, that's the only question i have...i'll drop you an email as well if you don't happen to see this.

Once again thanks a lot and happy holidays!

It's a custom 7.4V li-poly pack. You'll have to get it from me. Don't worry, they will be available. I've also kept up with increasing battery capacity and each time I order more battery packs I make sure I get the largest that can fit in the amp.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 1, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #3,352 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a custom 7.4V li-poly pack. You'll have to get it from me. Don't worry, they will be available. I've also kept up with increasing battery capacity and each time I order more battery packs I make sure I get the largest that can fit in the amp.

Thanks Justin, very nicely answered as the biggest concern would be the replacement of the battery sine I cannot bear to part with shipping the amp back! I am certainly LOVING the warmth and depth the "phat" version is providing me with. I really cannot wait for your slim version to ship!

Thanks once again for your great work!

Jan 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #3,355 of 3,724
mine too..except the charging light will come on very frequently during use and mine is plugged in..you can actually hear it when it is "charging" if that makes sense as it affects the SQ. I sent you an email using my gmail account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Justin,

I own the Pico serial number 424. You sent it to me to Spain (together with a GS-1). It has been barely used (most of the time during holidays, when I am away from home. For home I have the GS-1). Suddenly I realized the battery is not charging any more. The Pico is running when it is plugged to power converter/adapter but, if you unplugged it from power, it stops immediately. The charging led is always off.

I am a little upset. What should I do? Please just let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Mauricio Echeverria
mechever64@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #3,358 of 3,724
get it today
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #3,359 of 3,724
I just got mine. It took 5 weeks, and I waited about two weeks in USPS shipping limbo after getting a shipping notice, but it was worth the wait. I can even tell a difference with stock iPhone headphones.

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but does it hurt the Pico batteries to leave it plugged in after it is fully charged?

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #3,360 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azimuth77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but does it hurt the Pico batteries to leave it plugged in after it is fully charged?

Congrats! I regret selling mine. From what I recall, it is safe to leave the Pico plugged in...at least I know I did often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back