HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jan 17, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #3,076 of 3,724
hi all i didnt want to start a new thread so i thought this might be a good place to ask.

even though this is purportedly a pre order thread i still hangout here even though i've had my pico for about half a year now

its just that i've started to realise a 'ssiii" + some soft cracking noise when i turn the volume switch, but this only happens with my sensitive livewires, and not my rs-1s

is this normal or should i be rightly worried?

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #3,077 of 3,724
Is it possible to get a status on one's order? The website is showing two weeks for a standard black Pico. As far as I can tell my name has never been added to the wait list. My payment was received on December 6th.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #3,080 of 3,724
I ordered my Pico/Amp only/Silver - this past fall and paid for it last month on Dec 16th after getting a google payment request. I was expecting to get it shortly thereafter??? What is the status on the next batch of shipments? One would assume after making the payment you wouldn't have to wait over a month and not at least receive a courtesy email explaining that shipments are delayed..... I don't have the time to constantly search thru this thread for messages from Justin explaining to the masses where the orders are at. Very poor communication, especially after taking the money!

Jan 22, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #3,084 of 3,724
I just received my Pico in the mail. Black, amp only.

Requested to be added to the list: 09-25-2008
Payment request: 12/05/08
Payment sent: 12/06/08
Received: 01/22/09

First, reading all of the posts in this thread didn't prepare me for how small the amp really is. It's tiny! I put it on charge to top off the battery. It took about 5 minutes to complete the charge. It's now hooked up to my iPod gen 5.5 and my beyerdynamic DT 880 to break in. I listened for about 10 minutes before I put the iPod on shuffle. I was a little worried that the Pico would have problems driving the beyerdynamic DT 880. Not a problem at all. Even with no breakin time, it's a big upgrade. The iPod by itself doesn't have nearly the balls to drive the 880. That restricted me to my Westone UM2 phones on the road. With the Pico I can now take my 880 on the road with me! I'll post more when the Pico has a chance to break in a little and I have the chance to do some serious listening.

Thanks Justin for a great product!

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #3,086 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to order a Headamp Pico w/DAC, gloss black, 1ft USB cable shipped to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Do you guys do credit card over the phone or Paypal only? Thanks!
-Matt

Hi Matt,
Justin recently updated Headamp's Order Page to include the Pico. I think its not a bad idea to post your request here but would be a good idea to place your order there as well.

Jan 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #3,089 of 3,724
Does anyone know where Justin has been lately? Week ago I ordered Gilmore Lite amp and so far, no response from Justin. I've tried pm, email, phone, many times but got no answer whatsoever.

I thought hes a legit guy?

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #3,090 of 3,724
Hey Justin - Did you actually send out the orders from the shipping notice I received on 1/20? When I contacted the post office with the package id provided in the email they say no package has actually been processed yet??? What is the latest status because if shipped on the 20th from VA it should have arrived in PA by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back