HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jan 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #1,186 of 3,724
Hi Justin

I'm really sorry about this, but I will need to cancel my order. I have spent far too much on other things, and so have had to find a cheaper European alternative.

Thanks

Hingy

Jan 28, 2008 at 11:31 AM Post #1,187 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I have a question regarding recharging the batteries as I am in the U.K. could you tell me if it will come with a suitable adaptor or point me to the right place to purchase separately as when it comes to electronics I have no idea.

The adapter Justin sends you is for 100-240V, so you can use it anywhere in the world, but you will need an adapter for your particular socket type. I had a bunch of travel adapters at home and figured I'd use one of those, until I had a look and realised they were made for using swedish sockets elsewhere, not the other way around :p

I ended up going to the shop and buy one of these babies:
iWorld - Please enable your cookies

I suppose that one would work in UK as well, although I don't remember what your socket looks like.

So, what you need is a thingy with UK socket on the male side, and US socket on the female side.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #1,190 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll update the list & latest shipping status at the end the day

Sweet, can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #1,191 of 3,724
Justin, are you still taking pre-orders for the pico? I'm interested in a pico with the usb dac, but I'm not sure if the pre-order price of $499 is still available. Thanks. (and I apologize if this info has already been posted as I didn't go through every page of this thread...)

Jan 28, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #1,192 of 3,724
He is indeed still taking orders and the price 499 is the normal price there never was an intro price.

Jan 29, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #1,193 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll update the list & latest shipping status at the end the day

Wonderful News! Thanks Justin!

Jan 29, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #1,198 of 3,724
Not in California. And don't forget the parallel universes where a bit of time shift can occur. Hey, I wonder what the Pico is like there, and there, and there . . and . . ??

Jan 29, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #1,199 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is indeed still taking orders and the price 499 is the normal price there never was an intro price.

thanks for the info. however, i have a couple more questions after searching numerous pico threads:

1. what's the battery life of the pico when fully charged?
2. is the usb cable free since i see people requesting them from justin?
3. if i connect my iPod to my laptop and run iTunes, then using a usb cable to hook up to the pico, would there be any detriment to sq as compared to lossless/mp3 files on the laptop hard drive?

Jan 29, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #1,200 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not in California. And don't forget the parallel universes where a bit of time shift can occur. Hey, I wonder what the Pico is like there, and there, and there . . and . . ??

One would believe Justin would bee counting sheep,on the east coast by now.
Getting ready for another building day.LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back