Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #4,127 of 9,882
  In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!

Then you should probably buy a different amp.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #4,128 of 9,882
Phil, why don't you just take your name off the list and move on? Seriously? This journey has been way much too stressful for you. It is time to give yourself a break and enjoy music, in whichever way you can! There will be, and there are may other amps you may want to use instead of the BHSE. 
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #4,129 of 9,882
so far they have only done an outstanding job laser engraving expensive, discontinued part numbers onto cheaper parts. unless i am buying from a very reputable supplier i have to have all of my parts tested for authenticity due to the number of counterfeits out there now

Would have to second this although I'm a Chinese...embarrassedly

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4,131 of 9,882
  technology in this kind of high-end audio has been decreasing not increasing. it has become increasingly difficult to source the discrete parts to build these kinds of amplifiers, because their main applications (like CRT TVs) no longer exist. Plenty of parts though if i want to build a LCD screen onto the amp for no reason.

This is really the point, isn't it.  Anyone who has attempted DIY at anything approaching this level finds that sourcing the parts is by far the biggest problem and the major source of frustration.
I too, have passed my order anniversary but I console myself that there is very little, if anything out there except DIY of the Stax esoterica that comes close to the perfection of a BHSE.  With a personal flavour of Stax earphone & perhaps tubes, this is going to be as good as it gets for me.  I don't want a nearly BHSE with second hand or wider tolerance parts.  12 months, 18 months, whatever it takes.  Most people here know that the BHSE could, perhaps should, be much more expensive.  Relax, let the BH meister weave his magic & think about the pain of commisioning or building a BHSE or anything equivalent.  I look at it as sub-contracting my frustration whilst I just listen to music.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #4,133 of 9,882

Agree and this is coming from someone with a pair of sealed 009s sitting in a closet waiting to be used.

Better to test them and burn-in in warranty period.
there where some 009 with imbalanceproblems delivered.
I had one of them.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #4,135 of 9,882
  I am posting because I want to help dispel the impression that those of us waiting for the current batch of BHSEs are all that discontent at the delay.  Yes, I have been waiting a while (since August 2012, longer than many, not as long as some), and yes, I would love for the wait to be over, but I can't say that I am upset that Justin has taken the time to make sure that all the parts are up to his standards.  Nor do I want him in any way to rush and possibly compromise the last stages of the fabrication.  I am happy to get it when he is satisfied that he is ready to ship it to me.

Not discontent, just impatient.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #4,136 of 9,882
My apologies Phil if I was unclear. I was using a contracted form of the phrase "are you being serious?". I honestly did not know if you were joking with your statement as I found it difficult to take seriously.

I was quite serious! As time goes by, things often change faster than we could imagine -this is true especially for technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back