Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #4,096 of 9,899
ditto to most of the above: SR-009s, brief listening on the LL, thank god for my HD800s, I did move my rack to the bedroom and away from the TV home theater circuit . . . noticeable improvement  also picked up a 'previously owned' Balancing Act to make the BHSE wait tolerable. lol . . .   now breaking in the Vivaldi.  The dealer said 600 hours, a guy at Cable Company said it will take 1,000 hrs . . . noticeable improvement ever few days.

Bones, let us know when you start taking orders on your DIY's . . . 
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #4,097 of 9,899
I'm using this amp to drive 009 atm, and it is doing a great job. It simply knocked out the Liquid lightening 2 with a fraction of the cost. I would expect the BHSE will face fierce competition when it arrives too. :D

Oct 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #4,098 of 9,899
ditto to most of the above: SR-009s, brief listening on the LL, thank god for my HD800s, I did move my rack to the bedroom and away from the TV home theater circuit . . . noticeable improvement  also picked up a 'previously owned' Balancing Act to make the BHSE wait tolerable. lol . . .   now breaking in the Vivaldi.  The dealer said 600 hours, a guy at Cable Company said it will take 1,000 hrs . . . noticeable improvement ever few days.

Bones, let us know when you start taking orders on your DIY's . . . :p

OMG, are you saying you are using Vivaldi for headphones?? Can't imagine anyone is really doing this. Please share some pics with us!!!

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #4,099 of 9,899
OMG, are you saying you are using Vivaldi for headphones?? Can't imagine anyone is really doing this. Please share some pics with us!!!

Headphones are only very small speakers, ( as we know, Stax call theirs Earspeakers ) and IMO a quality source like the Vivaldi, should make any headphone sound as good as it's capable of.

Oct 13, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #4,100 of 9,899
edited:

Yea I really should post some photos . . . my Vivaldi is black so it just recedes into the background on second shelf of my rack so there isn't much to see.  I'll post photos when I get the BHSE (also black) . . .  as far as speakers are concerned, just think of HD800s as your Vienna Acoustics in a can . . . lol

Just started using a white noise from my computer to continue breaking in the dac and some new cables.   So far, this is better than the Beethoven/Mozart I was using.

Oct 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #4,101 of 9,899
  What Stax phones do the BHSE future owners plan to use with the amp?
(I guess the question goes to current owners also.)
Thanks.

009s and I love them.  I plan to upgrade my DAC (wadia 27ix is more than 10 years old now) and after I narrow things down, will have a DAC shootout/listening party.
The key is to find a DAC that satisfies the  bhse/009 and my speaker system as well.

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #4,102 of 9,899
i will use the 009 and omega 007 mk2. i already updated my metrum octave dac with a esoteric d-02 dac. the BHSE will look very nice on top of the esoteric.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #4,103 of 9,899
  Hi Justin,

I order BHSE already pass nine months.  But has none any message about that date of delivery, Can you help me to check??

My email: 13925362288@139.com

+1

It is fair that Justin can take the appropriate time, and no-one will forgive him if he does not. In an era of traceable shipments it is jarring to find something that is quite so, quiet. Think part of mjbok's problem is that unless you read this forum on head-fi, page by page, there is little source of confirmation that the project is still live. By inference you can work out "if I ordered in late 2012, then I am in the right part of the queue", but nothing confirmed. The normal place to go would be the headamp website, and it would make sense that that contained some guidance on the current lead-time. Which could be as little as;
"Orders made between Jan 2012-Oct 2012 - Current estimated shipping Q1 2014".

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #4,104 of 9,899
+1

It is fair that Justin can take the appropriate time, and no-one will forgive him if he does not. In an era of traceable shipments it is jarring to find something that is quite so, quiet. Think part of mjbok's problem is that unless you read this forum on head-fi, page by page, there is little source of confirmation that the project is still live. By inference you can work out "if I ordered in late 2012, then I am in the right part of the queue", but nothing confirmed. The normal place to go would be the headamp website, and it would make sense that that contained some guidance on the current lead-time. Which could be as little as;
"Orders made between Jan 2012-Oct 2012 - Current estimated shipping Q1 2014".

I thought Justin had a Facebook site that does show his progress...?

I think that it is unfair to order some expensive top tier amp from a somewhat niche market audio artisan and obviously do little to no research into the process of the product's design/build/delivery then turn around and complain about that process based on an assumption from an uninformed standpoint. I can see how some recipients of the initial build run could be surprised by the time it takes to create the amp, but those in later runs have little excuse. If you are flippant enough to throw a serious chunk of money to some person (who you clearly know little about) for a product that you have not properly researched then tough luck if the experience does not go as you imagined it would.
I agree that having a build diary (or similar) would be great, but Justin's time is better spent doing his work and not taking photos and posting regularly to appease people of little patience.

There is a search function in this forum, it is a powerful ally.

Edit: please note this rant is not directed at you alcyst, it is a general rant.

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #4,105 of 9,899
Let me put in my dime worth of opinion (AGAIN).

Justin is a artist. He's also very thorough. Every of his products that comes out from his fabrication have gone through rigorous test, etc. His product like most of their proud owner here is work of art, require minimum maintenance, built like a tank inside out and dependable. Throughout my 5-6 years in headphone world, I only owned Headamp product except for a brief stint with Woo product (which another craftsmanship quality). Never own product from another producer.

His communication though is left to be desired. I know everybody is defending him when it comes to people complaining about his communication. i dont think its that expensive or eroding to his bottom line to hire someone part time to deal with all this communication. he/she can comes say every 2 days and reply to all email, etc. If Justin is that busy which I believe is.

It takes two to tango. the buyers need to be patience and the seller needs to communicate. i've seen WAY too many this kind request about the status, etc. be it in this thread or other thread of his product. Also for Justin, by taking out this communication work frm your shoulder, you can concentrate better in meeting with the demand and hopefully come up with new product for all of us here

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #4,106 of 9,899
Great idea! Justin can employ somebody to thread watch for all the questions needing answering. They'll have to bug Justin and waste time anyway for all the answers because they sure as hell they won't know and reply back here! You've got a real business head on you.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #4,107 of 9,899
  don´t be to optimistic Phil95.
there where more than one moment in the last TWO years where i hoped the bhse could be near delivery.
especially after justin told us a possible date.
we ordered the bhse for european power voltage and rubber feet.

best regards

Hello Karl...

Thank you for your post, although you're not encouraging. My order (and first installment) was sent just one year ago... Am I only half way through?. In addition, I have the feeling that Justin classified my posts (public or private) as "unwanted": he doesn't answer... I must admit that I sent to him quite a few questions, that he answered at the beginning of our relationship, but maybe he got fed up with my stuff -that would be understandable.

In France, we have a famous Karl: Herr Lagerfeld. He's very funny indeed.

Best regards

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #4,108 of 9,899
Hi Phil95,
i would say i ordered at the worst time.

normal delivery is about 1 + - year.
I think justin is not so well organized in his workflow.
adding to sell audeze and stax, problems with raw-material delivery and so on, might be to much to handle for small business.

his policy to tell people about deliverydates or publishing pictures about the finishingprogress of the BHSE and do nothing is not that professionell in my opinion.

one and a half year productiontime is ok, because most of the clients new that this is not the amp you buy in a shop around the corner, and there is always the chance that something unexpected happens which will exceed the time schedule.

Answering all the email questions therefore is not easy to do.
We all have to accept that he will inform us if the beloved amp is ready for delivery.
There will be no chance for acceleration so lets hope and pray that it will happen in Q1 2014 like "alcyst" mentioned.

best regards
karl

p.s.
your karl is also our karl. very often in german media! stange and funny, but better than boring-normal.

Oct 14, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #4,110 of 9,899
Most know the wait time is long when ordering the BHSE and GS-X, so potential buyers have to consider that before they place an order.
When the BHSE first came out, I've read the wait time was over 2 years.
Those that have the BHSE on order now, how long have they been waiting ?

I was waiting 15 months for my BHSE, and I feel the wait time was worth every second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back