Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #4,142 of 9,899
  My color choice was blue, but this is not an important matter: pink, if it exists, is acceptable too.

i would probably go for pink if i decided to buy this.

Oct 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #4,143 of 9,899

It's ok to cancel.  I'll jump right on in and take your spot over
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #4,145 of 9,899
If it helps, the BHSE design has been around for 3-4 years already - probably longer. Stax designs, even longer.

The Blue Hawaii design is over 10 years old now and the BHSE is exactly the same save some parts having been changed as the originals were discontinued.  That will continue to happen though as the BH design will switch over to the same parts as the KGSSHV now uses. 

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #4,153 of 9,899
  Sounds like Justin could have shipped earlier - with the crappy aluminum, and substandard color coating.  Now that would make everyone happy right?

This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.

In fact, my main concern about my BHSE delivery date is that, when I finally get it, the model has become technically outdated, or that an important HI-FI maker (e.g. Stax) came up with an equivalent (in terms of performance) product for half the price (thanks to industrial resources) and a delivery time that wouldn't exceed 2 weeks!

Then just don't buy it.  For Stax to come up with something as good as the BHSE, the price tag will be way north of 8K with lesser quality parts.  Remember the original T2 amplifier that bankrupted Stax Japan?  It was retailed over 10K back in 1990.  I doubt that they will do anything like that again.  Justin's margin on his BHSE is very low given that the US government will take nearly half of his profit away.  You likely won't understand what I'm saying until you have a BHSE in your home.  It is handcrafted to perfection.  The visual aspects of the amp is strikingly beautiful.  Of course, it gets better when you turn it on.

I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #4,154 of 9,899

This is it basically. The hold-up is not getting everything done, it is getting everything done perfectly.

I think it was all their high-end audio gear that bankrupted them. Ironically if they had that kind of line-up now they would have been making a mint.

They were way too ahead of time just like the Qualia, R10, K1000, as well as baby and big Orpheus.  Their top combo consisting of the OI & T2 are still considered by most as the pinnacle system.

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #4,155 of 9,899
  right now i have exactly as many orders as units i am building. however, theres probably still going to be some cancellations and sometimes people think that the deposit was a full payment, so i would guess theres probably a couple left

"think deposit was a full payment"

THERE IS MORE TO PAY!?!

Humour. I'm good for my balance. Except late on Fridays

Users who are viewing this thread

Back