Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 3, 2021 at 7:33 PM Post #9,646 of 9,902
Unfortunately, my BHSE went out of commission this weekend. Had been running like a champ the entire time I've had it prior to this. It won't turn on, and I'm hoping/assuming it's just a fuse issue? Should I start there? Also, I have no experience opening and working on amps, not even in the slightest... I've built a few computers but even that was long, long ago.

What would be the best thing to do here? I'd hate to sent it back to headamp if not needed. Really kicking myself here, as I JUST sold my Woo Wes Amp two weeks ago, definitely regretting that right now. Any help would be appreciated. (also, I'll obviously email Headamp as well)
It likely is just a fuse issue which would be the first step to address. Easy fix and Justin will hold your hand, assured.

May 3, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #9,647 of 9,902
It likely is just a fuse issue which would be the first step to address. Easy fix and Justin will hold your hand, assured.

Exactly what I was thinking. Probably the best bet, will do. Thank you!

May 3, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #9,648 of 9,902
I'm not looking at my amp right now, but aren't the fuses on the back of the power supply? Two I believe. Easy to change, the just turn out and replace.

May 3, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #9,649 of 9,902
I'm not looking at my amp right now, but aren't the fuses on the back of the power supply? Two I believe. Easy to change, the just turn out and replace.

Yup, seems so. I'll search the thread, but if there's a quick guide or few posts that outline it I'd appreciate anyone pointing me to it. :)

May 3, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #9,650 of 9,902
Yup, seems so. I'll search the thread, but if there's a quick guide or few posts that outline it I'd appreciate anyone pointing me to it. :)
Yep, I would first look at the AC power input fuses in the the power cord socket. Had mine go out several times. After a few times happening, I Fixed it with a slightly higher rated fuse (I got from Headamp, 3.15Amp fuse (LF.T3.15AL250VP).
I've never had any issue with the two output fuses.

Here ya go: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition.439657/page-557#post-12796106
And here also for more info: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition.439657/page-626#post-14926895

Last edited:
May 3, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #9,651 of 9,902
The fuse should have markings on it indicating type and rating. Just order some replacements off Amazon or something similar. Very easy to replace. Just make sure to unplug power cord. Although it looks like you have to to get to the fuse holder.

May 4, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #9,652 of 9,902
Yep, I would first look at the AC power input fuses in the the power cord socket. Had mine go out several times. After a few times happening, I Fixed it with a slightly higher rated fuse (I got from Headamp).
I've never had any issue with the two output fuses.

Here ya go: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition.439657/page-557#post-12796106
And here also for more info: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition.439657/page-626#post-14926895

Thank you!!!

May 11, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #9,654 of 9,902
Hi, just wonder on the typical use on your amp. Like how many hours per week on average?

On mine specifically? Not very many, as I only get so much time to dedicate to my headphones and most of the time goes to my dynamic system. Less than 10hrs a week for sure. But I also purchased it used, so there's no telling how many hours it has on it.

May 12, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #9,655 of 9,902
Just wanted to follow up here. The input fuse replacements I ordered from Amazon arrived today and I swapped them out (extremely easy). The BHSE fired right back up and sounds just as good as new. Better yet, I have plenty extras for future use if needed. Thanks everyone that gave tips, and Justin also followed up and responded to a PM as well.

I was worried as I have the Shangri-La Sr. almost ready to be shipped, I'm glad the BHSE is back in operation. :)

May 12, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #9,657 of 9,902
Love to hear your impressions of the Shangra-La.

Absolutely! Will give it a few weeks and definitely report back!

May 14, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #9,658 of 9,902
Unfortunately, my BHSE went out of commission this weekend. Had been running like a champ the entire time I've had it prior to this. It won't turn on, and I'm hoping/assuming it's just a fuse issue? Should I start there? Also, I have no experience opening and working on amps, not even in the slightest... I've built a few computers but even that was long, long ago.

What would be the best thing to do here? I'd hate to sent it back to headamp if not needed. Really kicking myself here, as I JUST sold my Woo Wes Amp two weeks ago, definitely regretting that right now. Any help would be appreciated. (also, I'll obviously email Headamp as well)

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hoping it is just a fuse issue and you are back up and running very soon.
I can probably breathe without oxygen for a while, but not my music so I feel for you :)

Post back about your issue / resolution if you get a chance.

May 14, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #9,659 of 9,902
Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hoping it is just a fuse issue and you are back up and running very soon.
I can probably breathe without oxygen for a while, but not my music so I feel for you :)

Post back about your issue / resolution if you get a chance.

It was just a fuse issue (AC/Input), which is all I've ever seen really happen from anyone that's owned it. I lost my breath until confirming that was the case though lol. Justin replied with very useful information, confirming the advice I received here. All in all a very good experience.

The whole ordeal made me appreciate the BHSE that much more. :)

May 14, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #9,660 of 9,902
It was just a fuse issue (AC/Input), which is all I've ever seen really happen from anyone that's owned it. I lost my breath until confirming that was the case though lol. Justin replied with very useful information, confirming the advice I received here. All in all a very good experience.

The whole ordeal made me appreciate the BHSE that much more. :)

3.15A Slow Blow for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back