Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #61 of 9,899
Major congrats, Viki. Great addition to your ever-impressive collection of gear. Look forward to more detailed impressions after everything settles in.

Thanks for the words of wait-related encouragement. However, given the ultimate goal status the BHSE represents (at least for my limited pockets), it absolutely lessens the draw to other gear offerings, so there is a positive aspect. Other than the draw of the JH13 to replace the aging 2XS, I for the first time feel the merry-go-round has slowed to a crawl. Cool.

I also opt'd for the RK50 pot. Another long-time desire has been to own a piece of gear with the best pot available.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #63 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the KGBH SE arrived yesterday. I'm using both O2MK1s and Lambda Pros with an APL modded Phillips SACD 1000 to the BHSE (all black, RK50, two pro bias jacks). I'll get back with people in a week or so after I've had some time with this rig, but I wanted to chime in here to say to anyone who's still waiting, it's worth the wait.
smile.gif

No chance I could talk you into trading my house, car, and 2 cats for your BH, is there??? Maybe even throw in an old Bose system?

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #64 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another long-time desire has been to own a piece of gear with the best pot available.

Cool. When you get the amp I'll come over to have a listen and help you smoke it. It will be groovy.
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #66 of 9,899
^^
It most certainly is my dream amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. When you get the amp I'll come over to have a listen and help you smoke it. It will be groovy.
smile.gif

Sure; we'll twist a few, man. Don't forget the CDs and the Visine. Besides, you'll fully entrenched in stats by then, so we'll be able to compare.

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #67 of 9,899
Anyone's got the silver faceplate version? Wanna see how it looks. The all black looks great but I imagined that the silver ones would looks good too. Am on the fence about getting in the queue for one; a real wallet burner. Need to sell off more gear.

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #71 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, one person got a dark blue faceplate at special request.

Oh I thought that was a relatively standard thing, like color choices among some of Headamps other things. Oops. Either way, I love the color.

Aug 30, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #72 of 9,899
Can someone tell me if the metal "ring" around the EL34s are supposed to be in silver or black? Audiosceptic's is in silver while the Blue-faced one is black. I assume that the blue-faced BHSE was specially requested with black rings?

Aug 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #74 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can pick the color of the front panels (amp/psu) and the tube rings. I've seen pics of some silver pieces for the amps (mine perhaps) but never seen one finished.

That's good news. Would it be possible for you to post them or forward me the pics via pm? If you don't mind that is. Just curious how the silver faceplate would look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back