Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Nov 2, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #92 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrsvp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried the current production KT77 by Gold Lion? It is supposed to be an exact replica of the old stock.

I've tried the Genalex Gold Lion KT77s in my BHSE and they work fine. You'll need to adjust bias for the KT77s though as they run at a higher spec. I found the KT77s to add more lower mid-range and mid-bass (compared to the stock Mullard EL34s), which may work nicely for brighter-sounding headphones. I like them with the SR-404LE for example.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #94 of 9,899
Best person to ask would be Justin.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #99 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Think of it this way, the KGSS is a damn fine amp and better then nearly every electrostatic amp design out there. The only exception being the BH/T2 (which are very similar).

This.

Dec 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #100 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. Think of it this way, the KGSS is a damn fine amp and better then nearly every electrostatic amp design out there. The only exception being the BH/T2 (which are very similar).

What do you think of the designs of this German site ? I know the design does not say everything, the execution and used parts also are very important, but I am curious how you (or dr. Gilmore) would judge these designs.

Feb 16, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #102 of 9,899
I hope I am not being a pest here, but, could anyone on the list for the first run of BHSE report when they received their amp and their placement on the list? The response I have been getting from Justin is "soon," but we seem to have different meanings to that word.

I just want to have some idea where the production has reached at this time.

Feb 16, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #103 of 9,899
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry I /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope I am not being a pest here, but, could anyone on the list for the first run of BHSE report when they received their amp and their placement on the list? The response I have been getting from Justin is "soon," but we seem to have different meanings to that word.

I just want to have some idea where the production has reached at this time.

I am supposedly 10 on the list. I fully paid in early November. In mid-December I was told "finish this week." As of last week I was back to "soon" along with "hiring help."

You are not being a pest. I think you and I agree on the definition of soon, but apparently the fellow that counts does not.

JHellow

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #105 of 9,899
Same history here, I paid fully in late October, Justin told in mid December that it should ship "very soon".

It would be very appropriate if Justin made a status report and an explanation for the delays would not be wrong. I doubt this will happen but some of his defenders may pop up with information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back