HeadAmp Aristaeus Electrostatic Amp - build thread
Feb 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #31 of 124
The DACT will offer better sonics over a blue velvet in ANY amp
    Thanks for the info.  I am not familiar with both.  However I have used the DACT volume
attenuator with my balanced beta22 and I am happy with the DACT.  If that's the case it's
a no brainer to go with the DACT

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #34 of 124
Indeed. 
redface.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #35 of 124

Justin,

i'm excited to hear about the tweaks to the Aristaeus based on Kiertijai's post. can you project any ETA presently on these? do you have all the parts now, or are there delivery hold-ups? as i also have the BHSE pending i'm just trying to get a feel somewhat of the timing involved. if there are too many unknowns then i understand.

i do take my hat off to you for the push for perfection. i am impressed that you have your approach and stick with it.

thanks.

Quote:
First one (#12 overall)

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #36 of 124
I have posted in taf.in.th which is Thai head-fi website asking their opinion about the Alps Blue vs. DACT volume attenuator.
There were also difference in opinion : some said that Alps Blue should be enough  , Others favoured the DACT volume attenuator
because of better sounding.  There are some who propose the TKD and Khozmo but they don't know whether they will fit in the enclosure
or not.
http://www.tkd-corp.com/products/att/stepatt.html
http://www.khozmo.com/products_smd.html   (48 step volume attenuator)
So I would like to ask the opinion here.

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #38 of 124
Not sure if the Aristaeus uses stereo or quad pot, but AFAIK, there's no quad TKD stepped attenuator, only stereo ones available. The Khozmo is just as large as the RK50 so definitely won't fit. Unless you really hate the stepped attenuator, I see no reason spending this much cash for the amp without choosing the DACT, but that's just my opinion...

And how come people didn't notice the purple thing in the background?

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #40 of 124
Feb 28, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #41 of 124
Thanks Khun Purk,  Look very interesting.  The size seems to be OK
any idea about the sound and volume control.
Is it still available?   If not I think I wil go with the DACT

Feb 28, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #43 of 124

Quote:
The RK40 is much larger than the RK27 so I doubt it would fit.  They are also all long gone. 

I could be wrong Birgir but the Black Beauty isn't that much bigger than the blue as I have one (not twice the size anyway).    If Justin can install the DAC-T, I don't see why the RK40 will not fit in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back