Head-Fidentification!
May 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #91 of 261
I'll bug him about it after the long weekend.  Since he's been traveling so much lately, I loathe to take him away from the family.  Let's keep our fingers crossed!  :smile:

I have a great feeling about it,...especially since your heart is in the right place. You rock Warren!!! :cool:
Seconded!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #92 of 261
Thanks bro!  :xf_eek:

I used to think that - being a forum - people naturally wanted to keep a distance.  But after having formed close friendships here, and after having attended a few meets, I've realized that's not the case at all.  There's a true spirit of community here.  It's almost a kinship at times.  So I truly believe that something geared towards promoting that aspect of Head-Fi would be a good thing.
After going to a meet I can agree with that... there are tons of amazing people in this hobby! :D

May 27, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #93 of 261
Quote:
I have a great feeling about it,...especially since your heart is in the right place. You rock Warren!!!
cool.gif

Quote:
Seconded!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Thirded! 

May 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #96 of 261
Nope, not yet. 
redface.gif
  As someone who also runs my own business, I know better than to call him on what it effectively a Monday morning. 
biggrin.gif
  I'll ring him in a bit.

May 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #97 of 261
Dit-dit-dit-dit-dit... Update! 
smile.gif
  Had a very pleasant chat with Jude today, and he is thoroughly on board with the stickers!  YAY!

Thanks Jude!
beerchug.gif

Couple of things though...

• He's very concerned with the stickers not causing damage to anyone's gear - completely understandable; and
  • He's also concerned about the general durability of them so that we don't have to keep getting more

To that end, we've worked out a plan to create two versions.  One will be geared towards being gentle on gear (less aggressive adhesive and such).  The other will focus on durability against wear and tear.  In both cases, I just want to make it clear that NEITHER JUDE, NOR HEAD-FI, NOR I, NOR THE DECAL PRINTER ASSUMES ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES OR ALTERATIONS TO GEAR AS A RESULT OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE FREAKIN' THINGS!  IT'S ALL ON US.  COOL?

Okay then, the next step is to find a printer to handle the job.  Also, Ima have to make some slight changes to the sticker design - mainly to facilitate the gradients with gamut and such.  But it definitely looks like this is gonna happen!

Again, thanks to everyone for supporting this, thanks to Currawong for the idea, and thanks to Jude for the support! 
smile.gif

May 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #98 of 261
Awesome! Thanks to you too, if you hadn't come up with that crazy gang-sign idea I wouldn't have thought of it.

May 29, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #99 of 261
Quote:
smile.gif
  Had a very pleasant chat with Jude today, and he is thoroughly on board with the stickers!  YAY!

Thanks Jude!
beerchug.gif

• He's very concerned with the stickers not causing damage to anyone's gear - completely understandable; and
  • He's also concerned about the general durability of them so that we don't have to keep getting more

To that end, we've worked out a plan to create two versions.  One will be geared towards being gentle on gear (less aggressive adhesive and such).  The other will focus on durability against wear and tear.  In both cases, I just want to make it clear that NEITHER JUDE, NOR HEAD-FI, NOR I, NOR THE DECAL PRINTER ASSUMES ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES OR ALTERATIONS TO GEAR AS A RESULT OF THE USE OR MISUSE OF THESE FREAKIN' THINGS!  IT'S ALL ON US.  COOL?

Okay then, the next step is to find a printer to handle the job.  Also, Ima have to make some slight changes to the sticker design - mainly to facilitate the gradients with gamut and such.  But it definitely looks like this is gonna happen!

Again, thanks to everyone for supporting this, thanks to Currawong for the idea, and thanks to Jude for the support! 
smile.gif

Gosh, and here I thought the next step was going to be the Henna Tatoo
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #100 of 261
May 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #101 of 261
Quote:
Awesome! Thanks to you too, if you hadn't come up with that crazy gang-sign idea I wouldn't have thought of it.

LOL, the gang sign is pretty wacky... but as tds101 pointed out, it would be infinitely more dangerous in the wrong place at the wrong time. 
smile.gif
  Stickers FTW mate!

Quote:
Quote:
Gosh, and here I thought the next step was going to be the Henna Tatoo:D

I was thinking real ones..

On headphones???

May 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #102 of 261
LOL, the gang sign is pretty wacky... but as tds101 pointed out, it would be infinitely more dangerous in the wrong place at the wrong time.  :smile:   Stickers FTW mate!

On headphones???
on us.

May 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #104 of 261
Quote:
smile.gif

Thanks Jude!
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

I might still flash the sign at a meet but after the "You could die doing that in Brooklyn post,"  I'm OK with tagging my gear.

May 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #105 of 261
Lol, the areas in Brooklyn where that could happen are the ones you don't wanna be wearing your expensive gear anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back