Head-Fidentification!
May 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #77 of 261
Quote:
Can't have both.  General purpose adhesive leaves residue but will actually stay on, removable adhesive doesn't leave residue but will come off fairly easily, and ultra removable adhesive would fall off without much provocation. 

I'm hoping that super thin vinyl will be more pliable and less stiff, thus it wont pry itself off of it's own accord over time.  Contact and abrasion, well nothing we can do about that.  But they're cheap so we can always reapply another one. 
smile.gif

May 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #78 of 261
Okay, here's a draft.  Visible and recognizable enough fellas?

May 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #80 of 261
Quote:
Vinyl with a standard removable would probably work, but its definitely more expensive.

Yeah agreed, but if we're gonna be doing these up in quantity, it should be alright.  Be a damn sight cheaper than those $30 HF T-shirts I can tell you that! 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #81 of 261
Can't have both.  General purpose adhesive leaves residue but will actually stay on, removable adhesive doesn't leave residue but will come off fairly easily, and ultra removable adhesive would fall off without much provocation. 

I mean It's a sticker, not holding up a mug. I doubt it would just come off. Besides the stickers that came attached to my laptop palm rest did a pretty good job at having both, or at least a good enough balance.

May 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #83 of 261
Quote:

Yeah agreed, but if we're gonna be doing these up in quantity, it should be alright.  Be a damn sight cheaper than those $30 HF T-shirts I can tell you that! 
biggrin.gif

5M+ definitely wouldn't be that bad.

"I mean It's a sticker, not holding up a mug. I doubt it would just come off. Besides the stickers that came attached to my laptop palm rest did a pretty good job at having both, or at least a good enough balance."

It depends on the material its being applied to.  With padding or metals, ultra removable adhesives pretty much fall off on their own. Needs completely flat surfaces as well. 

May 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #84 of 261
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Go 3M with that and you can get scotchlite reflective!
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #85 of 261
We need Jude's permission by the way, but I reckon it's worth doing if he agrees to it.

May 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #86 of 261
May 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #88 of 261
I'll bug him about it after the long weekend.  Since he's been traveling so much lately, I loathe to take him away from the family.  Let's keep our fingers crossed! 
smile.gif

May 26, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #89 of 261
I'll bug him about it after the long weekend.  Since he's been traveling so much lately, I loathe to take him away from the family.  Let's keep our fingers crossed!  :smile:

I have a great feeling about it,...especially since your heart is in the right place. You rock Warren!!! :cool:

May 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #90 of 261
Quote:
Quote:
I'll bug him about it after the long weekend.  Since he's been traveling so much lately, I loathe to take him away from the family.  Let's keep our fingers crossed! 
smile.gif

I have a great feeling about it,...especially since your heart is in the right place. You rock Warren!!!
cool.gif

Thanks bro! 
redface.gif

I used to think that - being a forum - people naturally wanted to keep a distance.  But after having formed close friendships here, and after having attended a few meets, I've realized that's not the case at all.  There's a true spirit of community here.  It's almost a kinship at times.  So I truly believe that something geared towards promoting that aspect of Head-Fi would be a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back