Head-Fi UK Meet: 02/04/2011 - London
Feb 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #32 of 237
Good to hear from old chaps that there's interest in a beer. It'll be good to raise a glass with you all again.

Meets aren't just about the gear lods. It's about people and fun.

If this is going to be a all-day thing, we should go for a sit down, burger and beer come lunchtime.

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #33 of 237
Quote:

If this is going to be a all-day thing, we should go for a sit down, burger and beer come lunchtime.

I am okay with this. Not expecting onsite catering, but if we could band together and go to a decent pub that would be awesome.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #34 of 237
Wow...!! I'm interesting... :) :)

I hope I will be free on that day...If yes, I will go for sure...

I don't know if you guys would like to hear some of my (little)system...if anyone would like to try...I can bring (all of) them to the meeting... (Just let me know)

- Meier Audio Corda 3Move [amp/dac]
- HiFiMan EF-5 [amp]
- Zero DAC [amp/dac]
- Nuforce Icon Mobile [amp/dac]

Universal IEM and headphones...that I also have...
- UE TFi 10
- UE SFi 5Pro
- Westone UM2
- Shure SE530
- Etymotic ER-4P
- HiFiMan HE-5
- Shure SRH-840
- Shure SRH-440
etc.

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #36 of 237
Count me in!
Just one question, can I bring my uncased balanced B22 + 2x S22 + Buffalo 24 + 2x tube output stage? I'm at the final stage of building the tube output stage yet there wont be any time for me to case them all up as university work is too heavy atm. And I'm afraid that due to safety precautions it is not allowed to bring those high voltage electronics stuff being exposed, is it?
I really want to show you guys my build and how they pair with my K1000 :)

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #38 of 237
It would be a big letdown if I'm not allowed to enter the building. Hope there would be some exception. As I saw in the last Bay Area meet there was a no chassis s22 + 3x a20 and lots of people loved it!

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #39 of 237

Quote:
Count me in!
Just one question, can I bring my uncased balanced B22 + 2x S22 + Buffalo 24 + 2x tube output stage? I'm at the final stage of building the tube output stage yet there wont be any time for me to case them all up as university work is too heavy atm. And I'm afraid that due to safety precautions it is not allowed to bring those high voltage electronics stuff being exposed, is it?
I really want to show you guys my build and how they pair with my K1000 :)

If you don't bring your b22 you're not coming! A b22 has been on my ear radar for a very long time. I'd love to hear it mate. Please bring it. I'll be your friend 
L3000.gif

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #40 of 237
To echo Nuwidol, I would love to hear the B22, tranheiu! I'm just getting into DIY myself, having recently completed a CMOY and a couple of Velleman kits (to get the hang of through hole PCB soldering). Now I'm researching a Mini3, then I plan to build an M3 (first with off-the-shelf PSU, then a Q11), followed ultimately by a B22+S22(s) - I hope. Having said that, I think the safety around "exposed" AC line voltages is something to be considered - are you able to fashion a temporary cover for the power supplies, and perhaps some warning signage, just to be on the safe side?

I look forward to having a chat with you about DIY audio!

Feb 27, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #41 of 237

Update

I'm conscious we still haven't advertised how people sign up to meet and indicate what gear they're bringing (and time's running out - we only have little over a month before the event!). I've finally got a contact for the venue management via AmpCity so I hope to bottom out a few of the details around venue capacity tomorrow, at which point I can advertise how many places are available and start to take confirmations.

Charity donations won't be mandatory, but we will setup a Just Giving page for any voluntary donations (as admittance to the venue will be free, thanks to AmpCity). There will also be a raffle, with at least one prize - AmpCity are very generously offering one set of Unique Melody Aero custom IEMs (three drivers!). Nuwidol has been doing some great work securing gear from suppliers to exhibit at the event, and hopefully obtaining more donations for raffle prizes from other suppliers.

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #42 of 237
I am looking forward to see you all there.

I am going to bring

Headphone:AKG K701
                     Sony MDR CD900ST

IEM: Westone ES3X
         UE TF10pro with Null Audio Enyo silver cable

Amp: Ibasso D12 Anacoda+Silver plated Copper LOD

Feb 27, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #43 of 237
jr41 - I'll have my Mini^3 if you want to have a listen to one.

I'll be bringing:

AMB Gamma2
AMB Mini^3
Millett Minimax

Looking forward to hearing some different headphones - I'm holding off a purchase for the time being until the meet :)

I'd also love to hear the B22 and Buffalo DAC.

I'll bring my Alessandro MS1s too - though they look a bit raggy at the moment.

Feb 27, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #45 of 237

Quote:
To echo Nuwidol, I would love to hear the B22, tranheiu! I'm just getting into DIY myself, having recently completed a CMOY and a couple of Velleman kits (to get the hang of through hole PCB soldering). Now I'm researching a Mini3, then I plan to build an M3 (first with off-the-shelf PSU, then a Q11), followed ultimately by a B22+S22(s) - I hope. Having said that, I think the safety around "exposed" AC line voltages is something to be considered - are you able to fashion a temporary cover for the power supplies, and perhaps some warning signage, just to be on the safe side?

I look forward to having a chat with you about DIY audio!

Ah, I'm just a beginner though, there're a lot better guys out there! But surely I'm looking forward to a chat with you!
If it's ok I will bring my whole desktop rig, including the balanced b22, the tube-i-zator buffalo 24, and the K1000. Also the Imod + Mcap + voyager + um3x will come along as well.
Anyone knows if fault151 is coming? That guy has some excellent system as well. I modded the buffalo thanks to his advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back