Head-Fi Reception at AXPONA 2016 + discount code
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #31 of 114

We are less than 2 weeks away, what is the secret handshake to get the inside scoop? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Price of admission is buying Keith a beer downstairs.

Apr 3, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #36 of 114

I disagree with their brand name. Nothing I've had from them has been the "Best Damn _______." It's not bad, but certainly not the best. The most interesting thing they make is their Cherry Cola. I'd still buy Keith the Coney Island. :wink:

The Beer Advocate agrees.  It rated this only a 68.  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29/204975/

The Beer Advocate rates the Coney Island Hard Root Beer 82:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27114/181698/

The Beer Advocates rates the basic Not Your Father's Root Beer 86:  http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/86621/

Apr 5, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #38 of 114
Updated information in the first post.

I left off the bit about buying me beer.  that is assumed. 
wink.gif

I need to start to get a head count for ordering pizza as well.  anyone know the best way to do this on a forum?  lol.. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #39 of 114
  sounds like a taste test is in order here.

The Beer Advocate rated the 10% "Not Your Father's Root Beer" the best at 94.  

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24798/86622/

The problem is it is only somewhere in Chicago as it doesn't ship outside.  Anyone know where to pick up some for the test taste?

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #42 of 114
Howdy All -

Long time lover of music but new to this side of the Head-Fi CAN action until I purchased a set of Alpha Primes and Ether Cs my Bowers and WIlkins P7 were just fine. I was thinking of attended the Axpona conference but I haven't purchased a ticket yet...3 day work conferences tend to be hit or miss based on the event attended.  Pick the wrong event and you regret it; pick the right event and conference automatic becomes a annual repeat.

Can anyone share whether this is a good conference for a newbie to attend?  And if so, which events should I try to attend over the 3 day period?  I'm local in Chicago so coming and going is fairly easy. 

My next purchase really needs to be a DAC+AMP (All but given up on 2 year old LightHarmonic crowd funding effort for a GEEK WAVE DAC...don't get me started....)

Any replies would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Cans16

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #43 of 114
Howdy All -

Long time lover of music but new to this side of the Head-Fi CAN action until I purchased a set of Alpha Primes and Ether Cs my Bowers and WIlkins P7 were just fine. I was thinking of attended the Axpona conference but I haven't purchased a ticket yet...3 day work conferences tend to be hit or miss based on the event attended.  Pick the wrong event and you regret it; pick the right event and conference automatic becomes a annual repeat.

Can anyone share whether this is a good conference for a newbie to attend?  And if so, which events should I try to attend over the 3 day period?  I'm local in Chicago so coming and going is fairly easy. 

My next purchase really needs to be a DAC+AMP (All but given up on 2 year old LightHarmonic crowd funding effort for a GEEK WAVE DAC...don't get me started....)

Thanks,

Cans16

Well worth attending. I don't feel the need to hit RMAF with this great fest locally.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #44 of 114
  Howdy All -

Thanks,

Cans16

I agree as I used to go to RMAF and this allows me a good alternative, especially with the lower transportation costs.  I drive up from 2 1/2 south and stay at the hotel with no wasted travel time.

The headphone section (Ear Gear Expo) has been growing each year.  Of course it isn't a CanJam sponsored and promoted through Head-Fi.  If you live in the area, the ticket price is really low for what is available to audition.

Apr 7, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #45 of 114

I agree as I used to go to RMAF and this allows me a good alternative, especially with the lower transportation costs.  I drive up from 2 1/2 south and stay at the hotel with no wasted travel time.

The headphone section (Ear Gear Expo) has been growing each year.  Of course it isn't a CanJam sponsored and promoted through Head-Fi.  If you live in the area, the ticket price is really low for what is available to audition.

Funny I had not noticed the Ear Gear Expo listing...thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back