Head-Fi Reception at AXPONA 2016 + discount code
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #16 of 114
By some remarkable coincidence, my boss just asked me to go to a conference in Chicago on the 14th & 15th.  So, I think I know where will be on the 16th.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 114
Ticket is bought. Now to see if I can actually make it. :/

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #18 of 114
I'll be there. Bought my one day pass...but maybe should make it two or three....hmmmm.

I originally planned to go on Friday to beat the crowd. But Saturday works too. 

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 114
Looks like I'll be there. Taking the wife and son to the airport on Saturday AM. So I'll just find parking and wander over.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #20 of 114
Just bought my ticket.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #21 of 114
I was just looking at the Axpona site, thought I'd post a full list of all the exhibitors signed up for the Ear Gear Expo since not all of them are on that map in post #1. I was surprised as heck to see Etymotic signed up, I've never seen them before at any audio show! Almost makes me tempted to start looking for a plane ticket, especially with Monitor Audio also signed up for the speaker show (would love to check out the PL500 II!).

Some really interesting vendors on the list including Linear Tube Audio, I've been wanting to check out their MicroZOTL 2 since the original was talked a lot about on Head-Fi back in the day.

ALO
Astell & Kern
Calyx Audio
Campfire Audio
Cavalli Audio
Cleer
Comply
Daedalus Audio
DanaCable
DITA Audio
Echobox Audio LLC
Empire Ears
ENIGMAcoustics (Dharma D1000)
Erzetich Audio
Etymotic Research
FiiO
Gingko Audio
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
HiFiMan
Kimber Kable
Linear Tube Audio (distributor of the Berning MicroZOTL 2)
MrSpeakers
Noble Audio
On Song Audio Distribution
Onkyo USA
Pioneer Home Entertainment USA
Questyle Audio
Rutherford Audio
Schiit Audio
Sennheiser
Shure
SoundMAGIC
Stymax International Co
SugarCube
SweetVinyl
TekFX
Wells Audio
ZMF Headphones

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #22 of 114
  I was just looking at the Axpona site, thought I'd post a full list of all the exhibitors signed up for the Ear Gear Expo since not all of them are on that map in post #1. I was surprised as heck to see Etymotic signed up, I've never seen them before at any audio show! Almost makes me tempted to start looking for a plane ticket, especially with Monitor Audio also signed up for the speaker show (would love to check out the PL500 II!).

Some really interesting vendors on the list including Linear Tube Audio, I've been wanting to check out their MicroZOTL 2 since the original was talked a lot about on Head-Fi back in the day.

ALO
Astell & Kern
Calyx Audio
Campfire Audio
Cavalli Audio
Cleer
Comply
Daedalus Audio
DanaCable
DITA Audio
Echobox Audio LLC
Empire Ears
ENIGMAcoustics (Dharma D1000)
Erzetich Audio
Etymotic Research
FiiO
Gingko Audio
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
HiFiMan
Kimber Kable
Linear Tube Audio (distributor of the Berning MicroZOTL 2)
MrSpeakers
Noble Audio
On Song Audio Distribution
Onkyo USA
Pioneer Home Entertainment USA
Questyle Audio
Rutherford Audio
Schiit Audio
Sennheiser
Shure
SoundMAGIC
Stymax International Co
SugarCube
SweetVinyl
TekFX
Wells Audio
ZMF Headphones

Is it just me or does that look like more than twice the number of exhibitors that were there last year?

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #26 of 114
Hey, just found out about Head-fi meets on Steve Hoffman Music Forums and came here to discover the meet at AXPONA. I think I can make it. I'm eager to meet Chicago area audiophiles even though my gear isn't as impressive as most. Hope that's ok? 

Apr 2, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #28 of 114
for all you new guys coming into the fold.  make sure you subscribe to the chicago area meet announcement thread.  See my signature at the bottom.

or here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779645/chicago-area-head-fi-meet-announcement-thread

Apr 3, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #30 of 114
  Hey Everyone,

-We will be having a reception for Head-Fi members at the coming AXPONA / EAR GEAR expo.  Show is April 15-17 at the Westin O'hare in Rosemont, IL.

http://www.axpona.com

-Meeting is TBD on Saturday, but likely around noon or so. This is not a 'bring your gear' meet as it was last year.  More details to come.

-Ear Gear Expo will have Mr. Speakers, Cavalli, Noble, Schiit Audio and even Shure! Check out all the vendors here: 

http://www.jdevents.com/Uploads/AXPONA2016/AXPONA_2016_MichiganBallroom_EarGearExpo.pdf

Members of the Head-Fi Chicago are eligible to save 15% on a 3 Day Ticket at AXPONA! 
Visit www.axpona.com/register.asp and use code A7P22W to receive the discount.   

Please Note: The discount is only valid on three day ticket passes, the discount may not be applied to one day ticket, two day ticket, or VIP Experience Passes. 

We are less than 2 weeks away, what is the secret handshake to get the inside scoop? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back