Head-Fi Reception at AXPONA 2016 + discount code
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #106 of 114
I'm going to pop in for a bit also too as well in addition!

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #107 of 114
Can't afford a pair of 20,000$ speakers? You peasant. Haha jk me either. It's nice to dream though. Anyways you just got me even more excited to see what they have. I've never actually listened to them before but have heard good things. I haven't listened to many high quality speakers/headphones at all actually, besides a fleeting moment with the hd800. Hooked instantly lol.

I can't believe this post above me either. I was so bummed Audeze wasn't gonna have a setup and these guys are gonna have the lcd-4? Miracles do happen hahaha

Yeah I did run through the ear expo room and it was strange that I did not see any lcd4s there . They did have a number of lcd3s and lcdxs but no lc4 hmmm. The atc room was pretty interesting but they were playing passive designs at least that is what it looked like to me . But they were still pretty dynamic sounding at least with the source material they were using for the demo. Oh they mentioned that atc was going to have a seminar about the big boy scm 150 actives at sometime I do not remember which day . I have heard the scm 100s actives once many years ago and they were pretty amazing back then . That is the next speaker down from the scm 150 .
  Actually it was kind of  strange that audeze did not have a exhibit in light of all the other manufacturers that had displays . Ether, hifi man  and sennheiser Plus there were a few abyss headphones there too along with a stax 009 . But no lcd 4 anywhere in sight hmmmmmmmmmmm.
   Oh actually I believe the active scm 150 goes for 35 k or at least that was what I thought they ran . But that pails in comparison to the big boy mbl radialstrahler speakers that were there These  big boys go for about $ 275 k . But they sounded better than I have ever heard them before . The top end was the best I heard from any speaker that I heard on day 1 easily .
   Well it should be just as interesting on day 2 . Bring it on baby .

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #109 of 114
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 17, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #112 of 114
I saw you move to the middle seat and then ordered music selections. They even went to another room and told you you were in for a treat. After 10 minutes, I went down to the large Tidal speaker room. :)

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #114 of 114
  Why is there not an impressions thread up? 

becaue you didnt start one...

But seriously.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805432/axpona-2016-impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back