Head-Fi Gear Separation Support Thread
Sep 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #16 of 173

That's a great point! Being without our favorite gear can really go a long way in terms of not taking it for granted. I think the 80s hair band Cinderella said it best....you just Don't Know Whatchoo Got....til it's Gone. 

Keep us updated, will you? We're here for you! 

If only it were so easy to think of it like that. Ha!

Yes sir. We should all report back on the hardships of going without and then the reward of gettin' back in the game. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #17 of 173
Sometimes when I have a bad flare up from Crohn's desiese and have to go to the hospital, I take my Sony MDR-EX90 IEMs, they sound ok,and  they do a good job at blocking off, ugh!, let's call them, hospital noises. 

And, I not only miss my heaphones rig, but I also miss my 50'' Panny 3D, sorry but that 6'' just doesn't cut it.

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #18 of 173
  Sometimes when I have a bad flare up from Crohn's desiese and have to go to the hospital, I take my Sony MDR-EX90 IEMs, they sound ok,and  they do a good job at blocking off, ugh!, let's call them, hospital noises. 

And, I not only miss my heaphones rig, but I also miss my 50'' Panny 3D, sorry but that 6'' just doesn't cut it.

I actually bought my first plasma display two days ago - a Panasonic 50" 3D :)  Even only having it a short time, I can certainly understand how hard it would be to be without it! 

Sep 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #20 of 173
  I like the look of plasma a lot. My 12 year old Samsung dlp died last week and I replaced it with a Visio LED. 

I still remember back when a buddy and I were at the theater watching the Schwartzenegger version of "Total Recall". We both looked at each other when we saw the scene where there was a rectangular tv on the wall and said, "wow, can you imagine if we have TVs like THAT one day?" Pretty amazing how far we've come! 

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #21 of 173
A quick shoutout to Mithrandir38 who has just placed an order for a Bottlehead Crack OTL kit. Hang in there Mithrandir - it'll be a long wait, but a worthwhile one! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #23 of 173
  A quick shoutout to Mithrandir38 who has just placed an order for a Bottlehead Crack OTL kit. Hang in there Mithrandir - it'll be a long wait, but a worthwhile one! 
bigsmile_face.gif

We're with you during this time of transition, Mithrandir38! Hopefully once you're beautiful new amp arrives you will never have to experience a period of separation again! 

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #24 of 173
I'll add that I have about 3-4 days left till I finally receive the Alpha Dogs. I've been involved with them through the alpha (sorry for the pun) and beta period. And now only a few days left!! Can't hardly contain my excitement. 

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #25 of 173
I think it's great that we're all addressing how the waiting period between when you pay for something and actually receive it can, at times, but the most painful of separation of all! 

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #26 of 173
The toughest separation for me will be upcoming. I have promised to loan my brand new AD's that I haven't even received yet to two members. 
eek.gif
 I've known them for quite some time and trust them implicitly, but it will still be rough. Whew...somehow I feel better just getting that off my chest. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #27 of 173
Roll on thursday

Sep 30, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #28 of 173
  The toughest separation for me will be upcoming. I have promised to loan my brand new AD's that I haven't even received yet to two members. 
eek.gif
 I've known them for quite some time and trust them implicitly, but it will still be rough. Whew...somehow I feel better just getting that off my chest. 
biggrin.gif

Wow, now THAT is a truly selfless act in the name of head-fi brotherhood! 

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #29 of 173
The toughest separation for me will be upcoming. I have promised to loan my brand new AD's that I haven't even received yet to two members. :eek:  I've known them for quite some time and trust them implicitly, but it will still be rough. Whew...somehow I feel better just getting that off my chest. :D

I agree with Focker, you're a hero for the cause!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back