Head-Fi Gear Separation Support Thread
Sep 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 173

Focker

Headphoneus Supremus
I think it's kind of funny how often you'll hear someone say they are without their gear for a period of time and how hard it is to be separated. I know I have been there myself, and it just goes to show how much enjoyment we really get from all this time and money that we spend in this hobby. 

So, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can all offer supportive messages of hope to our fellow head-fi'ers who may be without their gear for a period of time, or, God forbid, permanently. 

To kick it off, I would like to post in honor of MagicCabbage, who is currently away from BOTH his Beyer T1s and WA2 amp. 

Hang in there, MC! 

So if anyone is needing some supportive and encouraging words during a difficult time of separation, or if you know someone who is suffering in silence, please feel free to use this thread and give your fellow head-fi'ers the chance to help! 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 173
ha ha , nice one. at least i have my hd650s with me. i will make it through

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 173
I am currently without my ma900 and man do it miss them!! They are in for a recable. Hopefully that will be done in short order and I might have them back a week from Monday. Group hug...

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 173
  I am currently without my ma900 and man do it miss them!! They are in for a recable. Hopefully that will be done in short order and I might have them back a week from Monday. Group hug...

We're here for you, brother...that was the reason I was without my T1s earlier in the year, so hopefully your pain will be resolved earlier than expected just like mine was, when Beyer got them done and sent back a few days earlier than I expected. Hopefully all will go well during the recable procedure and there won't be any complications....

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 173
I have a pair of 007's..packed away in their box. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 173
  ha ha , nice one. at least i have my hd650s with me. i will make it through

Atta boy! A positive attitude can really go a long way to helping get through such a difficult time...

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 173
Sadly, we haven't even been together yet. 
redface.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 173
  Sadly, we haven't even been together yet. 
redface.gif

Ugh...such amazing beauties, those 007s...how are you holding up during this difficult time? Anything we can do? 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 173

Ugh...such amazing beauties, those 007s...how are you holding up during this difficult time? Anything we can do? 

I've been without a rig for a few months now. And still have some time to go. It's been tough, but I feel better hearing about 
other peoples pain, truly. 
biggrin.gif

And yea, Thanks Focker! 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #12 of 173
  Glad to know that there is now a support system in place.  I know that this will be one the more important threads on Head-Fi.  Thank You Focker!

I can only hope that this thread and the encouragement that we'll all be able to provide others will offer even a small amount of comfort for those who are in pain. 

Thank you for your support, Rumay! 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #13 of 173

I've been without a rig for a few months now. And still have some time to go. It's been tough, but I feel better hearing about 
other peoples pain, truly. 
biggrin.gif

And yea, Thanks Focker! 

A few MONTHS!!!?? That is awful!! You are truly an example of strength and perseverance for others to learn from! 

I hope that the barriers causing such a prolonged and agonizing separation will soon fall! 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 173

A few MONTHS!!!?? That is awful!! You are truly an example of strength and perseverance for others to learn from! 

I hope that the barriers causing such a prolonged and agonizing separation will soon fall! 

I'll be looking for the "Brag about how much you enjoy your head-fi gear" thread to sooth my pains. But there's also a sense
of appreciation when going without. Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll be breaking through the barrier soon enough!

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 173

I'll be looking for the "Brag about how much you enjoy your head-fi gear" thread to sooth my pains. But there's also a sense
of appreciation when going without. Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll be breaking through the barrier soon enough!

That's a great point! Being without our favorite gear can really go a long way in terms of not taking it for granted. I think the 80s hair band Cinderella said it best....you just Don't Know Whatchoo Got....til it's Gone. 

Keep us updated, will you? We're here for you! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back