Head-fi gear in Singapore - Now with pictures...
Jun 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 28
Today I visited www.stereo.com.sg - not the website but the real world concrete slab store!!!

I have to recommend the new store in Plaza Singapura!! It is ABSOLUTELY awesome. They said that they have the same products both places as in the old store in the Woodlands.

And the staff was so very friendly. They have demo-versions of all In-ears. I have never been on such a HEADPHONE MECCA before in my life. So tonight I am calculating how much I can afford to spend down there tomorrow...
biggrin.gif

They even had both the Ultrasones Edition 9 and Edition 8 for demo! I have never been in any store where they allowed that before. But the fact that one can listen to in-ears and you are allowed plenty of time to bring you own gear and switch headphones and amplifier is fantastic!

Today I also had the chance to give the HD800 a listen in Sennheisers Showroom and that headphone blew my mind! Comparing the Edition 8 and the Edition 9 to the HD800 was not even a match. The HD800's will be mine one day...
beerchug.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #17 of 28
Here are a few impressions form Singapore today and yesterday:

First from the Sennheiser Showroom in Alexandra Technopark:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Second from the Jaben Store in Adelphi - Very nice people there
normal_smile .gif

web.jpg

web.jpg

Such a nice crew to visit. Highly recommended!

web.jpg

Last from the store in Plaza Singapura:

web.jpg

web.jpg

Yes - you can listen to both the Edition 9 AND Edition 8....

web.jpg

Jun 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 28
Hmm... I'll be stopping over in Singapore for a few days when I go to Japan next year with school.

Hopefully I'll have enough time to go to these places. It looks incredible.

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #21 of 28
[size=xx-small]Moved to the Head-Fi Meet/Trade Shows forum[/size]

Great thread, great pics!
Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 28
Looking great! Both the gear, location and the pictures themselves...
smily_headphones1.gif

There should be more stores like this.

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #24 of 28
Though I'm not sure what time you visited stereo. I believe I missed you just a few hours. I actually brought my yamamoto at Stereo to compare the ED8 and ED9. The store manager Aaron. is really a great guy. He's now having a loaner program for a PS1. Wish they are still in production though. My RS1 has been "THIN" since trying it out.

Uncle Wilson at Jaben is also another swell guy. He goes thru alot of length to discuss his wares. It would have been nice if he did showed his knife collection. Still can remember when he demontrated his Jungle bolo slicing thru a donated Watermelon. Not even a drip with one slash.

For those visiting, this site provides some good intructions on how to go to both
http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/

Streo Electronics at Plaza Singapura
&
Jaben Network at Adelphi

Sorry about your wallet though. =p

Jun 29, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #26 of 28
They are the reason why we Singaporean is lucky as we get to try all the items we want before deciding to plunge money on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back