Head-Fi/Can Jam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2009 (CJ@RMAF 2009): It's Official!
Sep 21, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #91 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far we have:

1. HeadAmp
  2. JH Audio
  3. Beyerdynamic
  4. Lavry Engineering
  5. Westone
  6. Moon Audio
  7. Ray Samuels Audio
  8. HeadRoom Corp
  9. Avlex
  10. Woo Audio
  11. Head-Direct
  12. Sennheiser
  13. Audeze
  14. Ultimate Ears
  15. GR9
  16. Monster
  17. Maximo
  18. Cable Pro

It looks as though Craig and Justin will not be attending due to a busy production schedule. We'll see if a BA will be present as I am not sure if one of the members will own one by then.

I've also just about finished the room set up diagram with the 'pipe and drape company that is setting up our room to provide for separate vendor spaces.

Looks like a few other manufacturers of interest are registered on the RMAF website that aren't included here: Ultrasone, PS Audio, Blue Circle Audio, Channel Islands, Glow Audio, although all of these don't necessarily list their headphone products as being present at the show (like PS Audio, Channel Islands - may be worth shooting them an email and telling them to bring them!)

Sep 24, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #93 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjhlibichuk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow - The event is taking place two blocks from my office. Talk about lucky! Great to see the potential exposure in regards to headphone Paraphernalia.

tongue_smile.gif
LUCKEEEEEEE! No airfare or hotel fees! See ya next Friday.
smile_phones.gif

Neal

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #95 of 119
Great! I hope you guys will have a good time during the meet. We surely had one at the last SSI. Everyone was really kind and some of the vendors even let us borrow their stuff for a listen in our room!

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #96 of 119
Is the below a complete list of vendors, thus far?

Also, is there a complete list of members who are bringing their personal systems anywhere?

Since I am not exhibiting this year, and will only be there Saturday and Sunday, I want to make sure that I get pics of everyone (at least the Head-Fi related stuff), if possible, so a complete list would help ensure this.

Since I have been involved in the "speaker" audiophile segment of the industry for 25+ years, I will be spending the bulk of my time meeting with "The Other's". However, I will encourage anyone that I know to go check out the Head-Fi room, I really want this to be an eye opening experience for as many as possible. There is a great deal of money that changes hands in that part of the industry, it would be great to gain some new converts at the show. The influx of new money, and the passion that people discovering something new always have, could really have a positive effect in the headphone niche.

Peace,

Lee

Quote:

So far we have:

1. HeadAmp
  2. JH Audio
  3. Beyerdynamic
  4. Lavry Engineering
  5. Westone
  6. Moon Audio
  7. Ray Samuels Audio
  8. HeadRoom Corp
  9. Avlex
  10. Woo Audio
  11. Head-Direct
  12. Sennheiser
  13. Audeze
  14. Ultimate Ears
  15. GR9
  16. Monster
  17. Maximo
  18. Cable Pro

It looks as though Craig and Justin will not be attending due to a busy production schedule. We'll see if a BA will be present as I am not sure if one of the members will own one by then.

I've also just about finished the room set up diagram with the 'pipe and drape company that is setting up our room to provide for separate vendor spaces.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #97 of 119
I believe Centrance was added since the list, I do not have a full list of headfiers that are attending as the local guys were heading that part up.

I do think the local rig count is probably going to be in the dozen or so range. There does seem to be more people attending but not exhibiting.

I just saw your addition and hope that the speaker guys (oddly I've been one forever) give the headphones a good shot as there will be some killer stuff there. My goal is to cram as many of the traditional attendees into the rather large room as possible over three days.

Lee hope to hang over a beer at RMAF

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #98 of 119
A beer sounds really good.
beerchug.gif

I'll drag some of my reviewer acquaintances down there as well, get some press coverage.

Peace,

Lee

Quote:

I believe Centrance was added since the list, I do not have a full list of headfiers that are attending as the local guys were heading that part up.

I do think the local rig count is probably going to be in the dozen or so range. There does seem to be more people attending but not exhibiting.

I just saw your addition and hope that the speaker guys (oddly I've been one forever) give the headphones a good shot as there will be some killer stuff there. My goal is to cram as many of the traditional attendees into the rather large room as possible over three days.

Lee hope to hang over a beer at RMAF

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #100 of 119
Hey Lee,

I'm heading up the local rigs. There's an entire thread here dealing with what and who will be there, but in short:

1. Sherwood
2. HeadphoneAddict
3. WiatroB
4. Jp11801
5. Asr
6. AmanGeorge
7. BarleyGuy
8. Golden Ears
9. jude
10. GreenMan9
11. Mister Crash

HeadphoneAddict, ASR and I will each be bringing two rigs, so there should be about 15 systems in attendance. I was honestly hoping for more, but it seems a number of individuals attending the show aren't interested in bringing gear with them. In any case, 15 is respectable, and should give speakers a run for their money, especially when folks ask about price tag
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #101 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Lee,

I'm heading up the local rigs. There's an entire thread here dealing with what and who will be there, but in short:

1. Sherwood
2. HeadphoneAddict
3. WiatroB
4. Jp11801
5. Asr
6. AmanGeorge
7. BarleyGuy
8. Golden Ears
9. jude
10. GreenMan9
11. Mister Crash

HeadphoneAddict, ASR and I will each be bringing two rigs, so there should be about 15 systems in attendance. I was honestly hoping for more, but it seems a number of individuals attending the show aren't interested in bringing gear with them. In any case, 15 is respectable, and should give speakers a run for their money, especially when folks ask about price tag
smily_headphones1.gif

OK, great, thank you. I was hoping for more as well, enough to attract the attention of all of the "speaker" guys there. Maybe next year there will be more.

I'll certainly spend some time and snap some pics, and send anyone I talk to down to the Head-Fi area to check it out.

Peace,

Lee

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #102 of 119
I think some of these rigs will draw plenty of attention, Lee. Lots of these guys attach their headphones direct to their ipods -- imagine their surprise at my 5-box solution
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #103 of 119
I am at the hotel and several of our vendors are setting up, this is going be a really cool event. Ray is rocking his table with all his heavy hitters, I needed to get reinforced steel rods for the Moon audio table (Drew brought some amazing Cary amps and the PS Audio Perfect Wave). Headroom is here in full force with a stunning table and the JH Audio looks killer as well.
If you can make it to this you owe it to yourself to get your butt down here Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #105 of 119
Quote:

I am at the hotel and several of our vendors are setting up, this is going be a really cool event. Ray is rocking his table with all his heavy hitters, I needed to get reinforced steel rods for the Moon audio table (Drew brought some amazing Cary amps and the PS Audio Perfect Wave). Headroom is here in full force with a stunning table and the JH Audio looks killer as well.
If you can make it to this you owe it to yourself to get your butt down here Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Nice!

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back