HE9 + R2R 7HE group buy
Sep 28, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #61 of 69
Let there be air:

P_20180928_135657_vHDR_On_1.jpg

Not the prettiest solution, but it does the trick.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #62 of 69
Sep 28, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #63 of 69
How are you liking it man ?
It's only the second day that I'm able to listen to it, but I find it a bit harsh so far, and surprisingly bass light compared to the Gustard H20. I suppose the bass is cleaner, but less satisfying - so far. Sound stage is great, and it's very resolving. But I remember how the Lyr 3 just made me want to dance, while this one leaves me rather unengaged so far. Of course there's always mood to consider, and possibly burn in, so this is by no means a final verdict.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #64 of 69
It's only the second day that I'm able to listen to it, but I find it a bit harsh so far, and surprisingly bass light compared to the Gustard H20. I suppose the bass is cleaner, but less satisfying - so far. Sound stage is great, and it's very resolving. But I remember how the Lyr 3 just made me want to dance, while this one leaves me rather unengaged so far. Of course there's always mood to consider, and possibly burn in, so this is by no means a final verdict.

Oh really, weird. I find the bass quite deeply extending and very clear compared to HDV 820... although I haven't compare HDV with terminator as a source.

I have a feeling the HE9 needs more burn in.

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #65 of 69
Oh really, weird. I find the bass quite deeply extending and very clear compared to HDV 820... although I haven't compare HDV with terminator as a source.

I have a feeling the HE9 needs more burn in.
Oh yeah, this is not a comment on bass extension (how low it can go, or can do so linearly), and the bass quality is awesome, but just the amount of bass, which seems less to me.

You have the same modifications as I have, right?

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #66 of 69

Never listened to a Gustard, I have heard reports of it sounding similar to LAu, if that's the case, no matter how much burn in you won't get the same slam as on the Lau.

The HE9 isn't known for its bass slam, it's known for its faithfulness to the original recording. There are many amps with better bass slam like the ifi Pro iCan, Violectric v281, and LAu, but none of them could be called "wire with gain".

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #67 of 69
Oh yeah, this is not a comment on bass extension (how low it can, or can do linearly), and the bass quality is awesome, but just the amount of bass, which seems less to me.

You have the same modifications as I have, right?

Actually I have just stock. Technically your mods would make it warmer and increase the quantity ?

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #68 of 69
Never listened to a Gustard, I have heard reports of it sounding similar to LAu, if that's the case, no matter how much burn in you won't get the same slam as on the Lau.

The HE9 isn't known for its bass slam, it's known for its faithfulness to the original recording. There are many amps with better bass slam like the ifi Pro iCan, Violectric v281, and LAu, but none of them could be called "wire with gain".

Maybe thats what @grizzlybeast was talking about when he said they lacked musicality in his earphiles review?

Regardless I think it will improve with time and still be a very enjoyable headphone with many other advantages like amazing soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back