HE500 or LCD2 or both? (please share your impressions) Mini Review and POLL (please vote)
Dec 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #136 of 500
Quote:
I didn't think it was bright, rather the opposite; quite smooth. Several users like bha-1 with hd800, so which is a bright can in my book, at least.

I'm with Happy Camper on this one.  As I use to own the BHA-1..
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #138 of 500
Quote:
(Joking of course, so many variables are not being controlled for with these simplistic forum polls, they don't mean sht)

Hey, I think you misspelled sh...oh no, it's okay.
biggrin.gif

You're right, of course, these polls mean nothing. Even if it were 99% to 1% it would still mean nothing, since we don't know who heard what for how long and under what circumstances.  Was it for 20 seconds at a meet? Do they own the phone? I own the HE-500 and I still haven't really made up my mind about it. I've tried it with velour and pleather pads, on 3 different amps, with new and archival material, and still I like it one day and not so much the next. I've never experienced that with any other phone, this sort of Chameleon effect from recording to recording.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #139 of 500
Yeah, Poll's are just a bit of fun..
bigsmile_face.gif

But would hope that the voters have at least tried both phones!

As it stands at the moment, the Hifimans only have one more vote than the Audeze. Anything could happen!!

My vote was for the LCD2. Because if I could only keep one that would be it. (for a start, they cost me a lot more and I've spent months polishing the buggars!) Objectively speaking, I really do think they are as good as each other SQ wise, only the differences are more favorable for me (for my personal taste) in the form of the LCD2.

Dec 11, 2012 at 4:57 AM Post #141 of 500
Dec 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #146 of 500
I auditioned both the HE-500 and the LCD-2 before deciding on one of them. The cost for both of them would be too high for me. I really liked both but I wanted something different from my HD600s, which I felt the HE-500s were more similar in terms of neutrality. I enjoy the slight darkness of the LCD-2 over the HE-500 which I felt had a heavy emphasis on treble.

But one deciding factor was my friend and I were in the same boat. He ended up buying the HE-500. We lend our headphones to each other so that helps the urge to buy both for me. He still mocks me since he saved about 300 dollars on his purchase but I keep telling him you can't put a price of sound preference. Just like how he plays his Taylor guitar and I play my Martin guitar. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #147 of 500
Quote:
I auditioned both the HE-500 and the LCD-2 before deciding on one of them. The cost for both of them would be too high for me. I really liked both but I wanted something different from my HD600s, which I felt the HE-500s were more similar in terms of neutrality. I enjoy the slight darkness of the LCD-2 over the HE-500 which I felt had a heavy emphasis on treble.

But one deciding factor was my friend and I were in the same boat. He ended up buying the HE-500. We lend our headphones to each other so that helps the urge to buy both for me. He still mocks me since he saved about 300 dollars on his purchase but I keep telling him you can't put a price of sound preference. Just like how he plays his Taylor guitar and I play my Martin guitar. 

Nice. 

Plus, I've always played a Fender Strat. Warm and hollow sounding with a nice twang! Bit like the LCD2's? Suppose that could mean that the HE500's are like Les Paul's? thicker sounding with a sharper edge... ha 

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #148 of 500

preproman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One more question, (this will be icing on the cake if it's the case), coming from the denon D-5000's and with the LCD-2's being an open can and all, will I experience less overheating/redness of my ears with them? I tend to get kinda red after arround 
3-5 hours of use with my denons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back