HE-90's Are Almost Here!
Sep 16, 2005 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

GRod

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All!

I received an email from Dr. Meier this morning informing me that, if all goes well, my HE-90's will be available by Sept. 23rd!!! Needless to say, I can't hardly wait!

GRod

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:15 PM Post #3 of 43
woooo...you have either waaay too much disposiable cash or you are starving your kids...
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
Hey GROD, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? (just curious)

The price for the HE-90's, including world-wide shipping, outside the European Community, was 4100 Euros or $4920 USD.

For additional information, see Dr. Meier's thread entitled "Meier Audio: My Request to Sennheiser regarding the Orpheus," especially the 5th Post, in the Member of the Trade Sponsored Threads forum.

GRod

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
That's awesome news Grod!

I wish I had gotten an email update.
frown.gif

I didn't get an e-mail update either. Are you going to start an HF-1 v. HE90 comparison thread when you get yours?
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
I didn't get an e-mail update either. Are you going to start an HF-1 v. HE90 comparison thread when you get yours?

Touche'!
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 43
Attention future HE90 owners:

I hate you all so much.

There is no jealousy or envy here whatsoever. You guys can all, as Fonzie used to say, "sit on it!"
tongue.gif

To Wmcmanus and bozebuttons (and any others who have the Orpheus system):

"Sit on it-amundo"
orphsmile.gif

Seriously, congrats you guys who will soon own these. Most likely, at the first National Head-fi Meet in New York, there will be multiple HE90's in attendance. Mind blowing stuff right there.

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 43
I just received an email from Jan also... "Your phone has been planned for the second batch and if all goes it should be available by October 14th."

By then, the Orpheus tech should have all the first batch bugs worked out
orphsmile.gif

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by PATB
Larry, can you mod my HF-1 to make it an HE90 killer
very_evil_smiley.gif

Would you settle for making it sound exactly alike?

patb.jpg

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #14 of 43
Larry, you're a dandy! I hope your Baby O will enjoy meeting his big daddy.

Sep 16, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #15 of 43
Where did you get a pic of my super secret frankengrado? I have a stax lambda pro, a Grado HP2, a Grado HF-1, and I mixed them all together using my SR60 as a spatula and the KSC-35 as a teabag. And that's what popped out, go figure!

Congrats to the owners, once you get to that level there is no need for "specialization cans" like the route I took hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back