HE-6 Headphones are available now
Nov 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
HE-6 Introducing Price Order Link $999

HE-6 and EF5 Combo Order Link $1299

HE-6 Final Price will be 1199 USD or more. Introducing Price will finish after Jan 15th. 2011.
We currently have 25 pcs HE-6 in stock. We will have more stock in two weeks.
Spec
Freqency Response: 8 to 65 KHz
Impedence: 50 Ohm
Efficiency: 83.5 DB
Weight: 502 g
Accessories
OCC(single crystal copper) 4pin XLR cable *1 (2 m / 6 ft)
OCC XLR to 6.5mm headphone plug adapter *1 (1m / 3 ft)
Headphone cable connector *2
Earpad for backup *1
HE-5/HE-5LE Customer Discount
Previous HE-5LE or HE-5 original customers can get $100 refund. To claim this refund, please email your original HE-5 or HE-5LE receipt, and the HE-6 on line receipt (email from paypal or googlecheckout) to head.direct@gmail.com. Two receipts must have same name and email address. We will do $100 refund after we got your two receipts.
Warranty Policy
30 days Refund.
90 days Replacement
3 Years repairing
Shipping
Free international express mail (TNT, DHL, UPS or EMS)

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 75
Wow, finally. I really wish I had the money.

This actually is too much for a poor student, but I will have a pair at least two years later, even if it costs me a nice new laptop.

For now, I guess I have to wait for the cheaper ones.
redface.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 75
I ordered these via paypal and it only charged me 1 dollar is anyone else seeing this?

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #9 of 75
Ordered my pair this morning.

Fang, can you post the details of the impedance box and a cable with speaker taps, or was the impedance box just for the demo cans you sent out to be shown at meets?

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #10 of 75
I ordered my pair. Can't wait to get them.

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 75
Deleted wenwong's post in a MOT Sponsored thread.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #13 of 75

Quote:
Ordered my pair this morning.

Fang, can you post the details of the impedance box and a cable with speaker taps, or was the impedance box just for the demo cans you sent out to be shown at meets?

I also order a pair.  I don't think the cable with speaker taps is included, nor is the impedance box going to be available for another 3-4 weeks.  At least that is the last email from Ms T, although I'm sure things can change.

I'm still confused, is the production version capable of running straight from the speaker taps (without the impedance box)?  My hope is yes, I want to drive them from the Leben speaker taps.

But, then here is the picture from todays Playback Magazine's Guide to Full-Size Headphones, the specs are for the production model but clearly there is a speaker tap cable in the picture - I'm confused ?

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 75
As long as you don't have an amp that outputs more than 70 w.p.c. then you won't need the box.

*Edit- Fang just called me back as I was typing this (I called him yesterday), and he told me that the impedance box and speaker cables will be ready in one month and the price will be +/-$100 give or take a Heineken.
In the meantime, the prodo HE-6 can be run directly out of any headphone amp that has a decent output. No portables, but certainly any amp that has minimal cujones (sp?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back