= HE-560 Enhancement Mod (v1.5) =
Nov 26, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #107 of 342
  Ideas materializing for the next revision of the mod...
tongue_smile.gif

I've been holding off waiting for streamlining of the results, would you suggest waiting another month further for your further experimentation before taking a swing at this now?

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #108 of 342

I've been holding off waiting for streamlining of the results, would you suggest waiting another month further for your further experimentation before taking a swing at this now?

Modding is something I do occasionally on the side so I really can't give you an estimation, unfortunately.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #110 of 342
  Modding is something I do occasionally on the side so I really can't give you an estimation, unfortunately.

I understand fully, I appreciate your contributions in their entirety. I did not mean it in a sense of timeline.
redface.gif

Please explore on, that is what makes music listening and this hobby fun!
gs1000.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #111 of 342
A quick question on step 1

.. The liner is place between the baffle and the foam ring or should it be
Driver > liner > foam ring > baffle in this order.?

Asking is because I'm unable to get the liners to be flat.
They are kind of wavy n not taut after tightening...
Not sure how much they will affect the sound quality..
And 1 thing for sure, not a good idea to keep removing the baffle screws.

Rgds

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #112 of 342
A quick question on step 1

.. The liner is place between the baffle and the foam ring or should it be
Driver > liner > foam ring > baffle in this order.?

Asking is because I'm unable to get the liners to be flat.
They are kind of wavy n not taut after tightening...
Not sure how much they will affect the sound quality..
And 1 thing for sure, not a good idea to keep removing the baffle screws.

Rgds

Try driver > foam ring > liner > baffle. But more importantly, when you screw down the "sandwich", keep holding down the liner disk at its very center, don't let go; that seems to keep it flat against the driver even as you screw down all the screws, in my experience.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #113 of 342
I tried backwave damping mod, this along with the grill mod has greatly improved my he-400i in all areas

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #115 of 342
So I did all of Jerg's mods on my HE-560 plus I added three strips of foam on the rear of the magnets in order to diffuse backwaves. (kinda like Bill-P did but without the horizontal one and a lot higher foam pieces)  I agree with the changes of sound signature described in the OP. If I had to describe it in two words it would be "effortless" and "musical".

I did not have the shelf liner described in the OP but I used some anti-slip material which works great. Some pictures:

Dec 4, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #117 of 342
  Have you tried this type of liner, Jerg?

I think I like the sound from this one better the square ones.

It's the same shelf liner that I've used and linked in the guide, this is just the white foam variety.

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #119 of 342
  Well mine has waves so it must be better for the sound!

if i was going to pick, i would have to agree with you on that.

everyone knows that sound is comprised of waves... so paired with a wavy liner. that's double wave power yo!!! :):):)

would be definitely be interesting & funny to read if someone did a serious comparison of the different acoustic properties of different liners. quirker things can be found on head- fi 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #120 of 342
I just measured my unit and it seems that bass has definitely got a nice boost in the lower octaves. I'll leave the rest up to you, I do think the dip at 6750Hz is worrying, I can also hear this in a freq sweep although not really in music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back