HD800>He-6 comparisons?
Jan 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #61 of 88
So,what would your percentages be....5-10%
I was refferring to the Moon silver cable v3,on the he-6.

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #62 of 88
1-3% with any of this stuff.

Just think.  If you get 15% improvement with a cable, another 15% improvement with an upgraded amp, another 15% improvement with an upgraded DAC.  You just got a 45% improvement over your last rig.  That's high.  

When some of this audio gear you can't hardly tell the different in the first place.  Just my opinion.  

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #63 of 88
I cant believe that people would buy a after market cable,for  $3-400.00 dollars... for a 1% increase in SQ--why not just throw your  money out the window.

Your joking -right?
Please Prepro,OK?

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #64 of 88
I buy mine for looks
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #65 of 88
Then ,you are definetly throwing your money ,out the window,,unless you listen to your headphones.... ,stairing into mirror...LOL.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #66 of 88
I buy cables for a 0% SQ increase. I buy them for function and looks. Although they are less than $300-400.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:
I buy cables for a 0% SQ increase. I buy them for function and looks. Although they are less than $300-400.

OK-Not alll of my cables are 3-400.00 either,but
you have to admit,there is a  difference between a pure copper cable,& a cable like the, Moon Silver Dragon v3 cable.

Jan 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #69 of 88
I'd rather not get into a cable debate in this thread since they never end but I have yet to hear a cable that makes a difference in sound and that view has not changed with the many cables I've tried and my system is high end enough. If it works for other people then that's great for them but not for me.

I buy them for increased flexibility, looks, termination into 4 pin XLR and of course to have 2 cables. If something happens to one cable I won't be out of luck waiting for another cable.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #71 of 88
Quote:
bbop,
Tnx for your reply.

I should have paid more attention as to what,I was ordering, from amazon
I have been looking for a few cd's;one of all Brahms & Beethoven's symphonies..complete sets.
But,I only wanted Herbert Von Karajin & the Berlin Philharmonic--turns out they were copies of recording made in 1976.

Looks like I will have to start a new search?

Mike

Mike,

imo the best Von Karajin beethoven symp. remasters on digital source for 16 bit are the cd layer on the box set that is sacd/cd (there is newr sacd/cd of the 9th but the box is better!).  this is assuming you want the 1962/63 cycle. it also includes an extra cd of rehersals which is very very cool indeed. 
i have multiple original vinyl pressings of this (on Deutche Gramaphone) and surprising as it is the 16 bit layer from the box set is superior. assuming you have decent dac or killer cd player.

also, the sonics on many of the cylcles released in the last 10- 15 years are fantastic, but performances vary of course - the Vanska someone mentioned is wonderful though.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #72 of 88
Quote:
Mike,

imo the best Von Karajin beethoven symp. remasters on digital source for 16 bit are the cd layer on the box set that is sacd/cd (there is newr sacd/cd of the 9th but the box is better!).  this is assuming you want the 1962/63 cycle. it also includes an extra cd of rehersals which is very very cool indeed. 
i have multiple original vinyl pressings of this (on Deutche Gramaphone) and surprising as it is the 16 bit layer from the box set is superior. assuming you have decent dac or killer cd player.

also, the sonics on many of the cylcles released in the last 10- 15 years are fantastic, but performances vary of course - the Vanska someone mentioned is wonderful though.

Analog,
Thanks for your reply..
ON the Beethoven box set,it says 1963,so,I'm assuming this is one of the "better" cd sets   is the Berlin Philharmoniker /Herbert Von Karajan.
I do not own a cd player..,using my desktop...computer.,which might be lacking is audio quality..???
I will have to research a better grade cd player..this will be my next purchase.

Any suggestions??

Tnx
Mike

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #73 of 88
Just to add, my fave B'hoven cycle following Karajan's masterful 62 is the new Ricardo Chailly on Decca. Its a very good studio recording, fully dynamic and will provide your HP's with a glorious tester :)

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #74 of 88
Quote:
Just to add, my fave B'hoven cycle following Karajan's masterful 62 is the new Ricardo Chailly on Decca. Its a very good studio recording, fully dynamic and will provide your HP's with a glorious tester :)

LugBug,
Tnx,for your reply..

I will search for this recording
The one annoying part of the recording that I mentioned above,is,that on a few symphony's,the most critical part of the symphony ..cd STOPS-,and you have to go to the next cd,to continue .
Extremely annoying,your ears are anticapating what comes next in the symphony....then nothing.

Is it safe to buy this newer recording from amazon,or,should I go to cduniverse?

Tnx
Mike

Jan 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #75 of 88
Quote:
LugBug,
Tnx,for your reply..

I will search for this recording
The one annoying part of the recording that I mentioned above,is,that on a few symphony's,the most critical part of the symphony ..cd STOPS-,and you have to go to the next cd,to continue .
Extremely annoying,your ears are anticapating what comes next in the symphony....then nothing.

Is it safe to buy this newer recording from amazon,or,should I go to cduniverse?

Tnx
Mike

I've bought 100's of cd's from amazon and about 1% might be faulty. I'd just make sure that you check the feedback from whoever you are buying from.

just adding this, as my review is on here. It's the first one by DE Potts :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beethoven-The-Symphonies-Limited-Edition/dp/B005CYLSW8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357939573&sr=8-2

(sorry for the derailing guys but quality Beethoven is essential for quality headphones!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back