HD650 uses HD580 drivers??
Sep 29, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #346 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've checked my pair. I have only date stamped on the driver (it says 17.03.07) and a sennheiser text what forms a circle in the middle of the driver.

The old ones, like my first batch hd650 have nothing on them. See my pictures posted in this thread.

As long as it isn't hd580, you're in the clear.

Sep 29, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #347 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've checked my pair. I have only date stamped on the driver (it says 17.03.07) and a sennheiser text what forms a circle in the middle of the driver.

My HD650 is 4 days older than your.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The old ones, like my first batch hd650 have nothing on them. See my pictures posted in this thread.

As long as it isn't hd580, you're in the clear.

It's nice to hear that
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #349 of 509
Better than popping up right after you buy a pair
rolleyes.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #350 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but have no real cause in the build quality and sound as of yet to be concerned.

There was an owner of the 580-stamped-HD650 headphone who compared it to a pair of HD580 and reported the two headphones sound the same. Would you call that a 'real cause' to be concerned about the sound? Or are we ok with paying for a pair of 650 and getting 580 sound quality?

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #351 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was an owner of the 580-stamped-HD650 headphone who compared it to a pair of HD580 and reported the two headphones sound the same. Would you call that a 'real cause' to be concerned about the sound? Or are we ok with paying for a pair of 650 and getting 580 sound quality?

Of course it is NOT ok. I've owned all three headphones and i can tell you for sure that the hd650 sounds nowhere near a hd580.

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #352 of 509
Quote:

Hi! I have been following this thread from the beginning even if I do not own a HD650.

Only one comparaison has been made between the HD580 and the HD650!
confused.gif
I think some members should start the A/B on these and give their subjective comparaison.

orphsmile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

regards,

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #353 of 509
Quote:

That was someone who just joined, and made only that post, then left.

Ie. ********.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #354 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't we all call Senn and leave messages? Maybe one of us will get through to a human being.

Sennheiser USA Connecticut:
(860) 434-9190.

He did...you did, and I did...nothing yet!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent Sennheiser USA an email this morning, sending them a link to this thread and asking them if they were aware of it and asking what their response is. I haven't heard back.

I suspect asking Senn Germany what's what might have more of an impact. In the past, Senn USA has avoided inquiries, but when I've communicated with Senn Germany, they've directed an American engineer to respond, and then he did.

(By the way, we once asked Sennhieser for their official stand on the aftermarket re-cabling of their headphones, were directed to an engineer, and he laughed, but wouldn't comment either way, and later inquiries about re-cabling have led us to believe that Senn really, really won't comment on re-cabling or on balancing their headphones - no matter what their engineers feel - upon a matter so lucrative to some of their dealers and outlets and so beloved in the enthusiast community.)

I sent the link and an email as well the first day the thread was opened, no answer neither...they have a rep that posted here, I think that they are aware fo the problem (if any) as IMO someone mess it up at some point, it is their call to find out, if they are interested who was at fault, assembly line, dealer, distributor, or them...i personally don't care I do not like either one...

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #355 of 509
hi i am the one who started this thread, and ... after 18 pages of discussion, still there is no definite judgement as to why this happened? is this a manufacturing error? has sennheiser corrected this? i mean, do current hd650s (current meaning those made today) still have the hd580 stamps on their drivers? have i got sennheiser's attention?

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #356 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi i am the one who started this thread, and ... after 18 pages of discussion, still there is no definite judgement as to why this happened? is this a manufacturing error? has sennheiser corrected this? i mean, do current hd650s (current meaning those made today) still have the hd580 stamps on their drivers? have i got sennheiser's attention?

There still hasn't been a definitive statement from Sennheiser. A Headroom rep told me he would ask someone from Sennheiser about this issue, though we'll have to wait until Monday for any results.

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #357 of 509
I wish I liked Grados more than I do............Sennheiser is like the Evil Empire.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #358 of 509
Is it just me or anyone thinks that this is going to be a big problem?.... I feel something bad.

* I took mine off and there are no HD580s on the driver.

Sep 30, 2007 at 11:35 AM Post #359 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to think the sun shone out of Sennheiser's arse, not anymore.

This has destroyed any respect I had for them. If they reply now, it'll just be bowing to pressure. Should have been on Page 1 or 2, 300 replies ago. 359 replies/18 pages, how much more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back